ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Monster on June 13, 2012, 08:26:48 AM

Title: Barra Fishing
Post by: Monster on June 13, 2012, 08:26:48 AM
Hi gents
 
We are on our way to Barra in Mozi this week. I have heard that the fishing is not great but there is still some sport to be had.
We have packed some poppers, spoons, bucktails and a lot of luck.
 
Please give us some advice if you have?
 
we also want to go out a charter one of the days, does any one have a contact for a good charter company in that area. We went out with the barra lodge guys and was a bit dissapopinted.
 
Please help gents
Title: Re: Barra Fishing
Post by: dugong on June 13, 2012, 08:41:53 AM
I have fished that area many times but mostly from a boat, your best bet from the beach and rocks is first and last light, also try behind you in the entrance to Inhambane Bay on the sandbanks, its quite a walk but can be worth it - best time on the sandbanks is neap tide.
Title: Re: Barra Fishing
Post by: yatoivo on June 13, 2012, 11:18:56 AM
Hi Monster,


For charters in the area, I can recommend to you Seabound charters in Guinjata Bay. Its not to far from you guys, max about a hours drive. And I am pretty sure they will get you into some fish. Ralp senior en Ralph jnr is running two boat from there.


http://www.facebook.com/seaboundfishingcharters.mozambique (http://www.facebook.com/seaboundfishingcharters.mozambique)


Here is the facebook page with soem fish pic's etc.


Cheers
Pieter
Title: Re: Barra Fishing
Post by: Monster on June 13, 2012, 01:15:14 PM
Ok dankie Kerels
 
Peiter ek het hulle ge fb. Ek hoop ons kan met hulle uit gaan. Hulle lyk baie beter as ons vorige ondervinding
Title: Re: Barra Fishing
Post by: garethm on June 13, 2012, 04:44:49 PM
Hi Monster,


For charters in the area, I can recommend to you Seabound charters in Guinjata Bay. Its not to far from you guys, max about a hours drive. And I am pretty sure they will get you into some fish. Ralp senior en Ralph jnr is running two boat from there.


http://www.facebook.com/seaboundfishingcharters.mozambique (http://www.facebook.com/seaboundfishingcharters.mozambique)


I can really recomend that you  use these guys, top charter! Well worth the drive
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal