ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Shore Angling => THE GRINDER REVOLUTION => Topic started by: WalkersKiller on June 05, 2012, 09:46:21 AM

Title: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: WalkersKiller on June 05, 2012, 09:46:21 AM
I think it is about time I give this reel all the credit it deserves. The Daiwa Opus 6000 + is amazing. Cannot remember what I paid for it in 2007, but it is not expensive and considering it will be 5 years old next month it has gone through a lot.

It is made for distance casting and line capacity and I have never had a problem with the drag and the pressure you can put on the reel. It has caught me all sorts of fish where it has been put to the test, and considering its first service was in 2010  :shk there is nothing wrong with it, besides the clicker which went a while a go. This reel has been dropped in the sea, been in the beach sand, has run on no grease inside the reel and still it has never given me a problem. For what its worth if or when this reel eventually has enough, I will buy another one without a doubt! Even if I have twice the budget. It has never seized up and was used when I first targeted sharks and basically never used the rod to fight the fish, just the reel.

Seriously its a great reel and I would recommend it to anyone for any application.  :dwa:

(http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/WalkersKiller/Daiwa_OPUS_PLUS_REEL_50002F6000.jpg)
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: REEFMAN on June 05, 2012, 03:53:19 PM
For a 1 bearing reel, it's pretty amazing how that reel has lasted, and even more amazing what solid stuff they can make nowadays at such low cost!
You can buy 20 of these for 1 Stella or Saltiga!!
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: WalkersKiller on June 05, 2012, 03:54:17 PM
It really is mind boggling!!
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: John F on June 05, 2012, 04:02:29 PM
My dad + Manuel Jr fish with these all the time... they have 6 or 8 of them... I think they are running on their 4th year now?

They do take a lot of punishment...
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: WalkersKiller on June 05, 2012, 04:05:16 PM
They can take one hell of a beating!
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: Prego on June 05, 2012, 04:12:39 PM
All I can add is  :dwa: rules I just love my collection of  :dwa: grinders only 2 more missing  :hnthnt: to complete it!
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: Toppie on June 05, 2012, 04:19:28 PM
Gareth shopping for  :dwa:  sponsorship  :happ:
 
 :win:
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: WalkersKiller on June 05, 2012, 04:21:37 PM
All I can add is  :dwa: rules I just love my collection of  :dwa: grinders only 2 more missing  :hnthnt: to complete it!
Very nice bru!


Toppie I would rather be sponsored by  :shmno: :crzy
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: REEFMAN on June 05, 2012, 05:11:04 PM
All I can add is  :dwa: rules I just love my collection of  :dwa: grinders only 2 more missing  :hnthnt: to complete it!

You have any Saltiga's, Dogfight's needing a Service tutorial perhaps? Dieing to open one of those up!  :hnthnt:
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: Prego on June 05, 2012, 06:36:45 PM
All I can add is  :dwa: rules I just love my collection of  :dwa: grinders only 2 more missing  :hnthnt: to complete it!

You have any Saltiga's, Dogfight's needing a Service tutorial perhaps? Dieing to open one of those up!  :hnthnt:
Those are the 2 I am yet to aquire  :-(
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: REEFMAN on June 05, 2012, 06:52:18 PM
All I can add is  :dwa: rules I just love my collection of  :dwa: grinders only 2 more missing  :hnthnt: to complete it!

You have any Saltiga's, Dogfight's needing a Service tutorial perhaps? Dieing to open one of those up!  :hnthnt:
Those are the 2 I am yet to aquire  :-(

Rats!  duh
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: MIKE PIKE on June 05, 2012, 08:07:32 PM
I got a Saltiga 5000 , thats needs some servicing , was going to do it with  pics as that would have taken me ages , might have had it ready for next years b/bash , but if you want to do it as a tut and to see what goes on inside , no problem , ......... ok i'll bring it to the social ... w;k 
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: REEFMAN on June 05, 2012, 08:11:06 PM
I got a Saltiga 5000 , thats needs some servicing , was going to do it with  pics as that would have taken me ages , might have had it ready for next years b/bash , but if you want to do it as a tut and to see what goes on inside , no problem , ......... ok i'll bring it to the social ... w;k

When did you get that??? Thought you had a Seagate?

Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: MIKE PIKE on June 05, 2012, 08:14:23 PM
In 2010, when i went over to the U.S..... we definitely need to go on more fishing trips together... :hyst:
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: Homie on June 05, 2012, 08:20:15 PM
The age is showing ey mike,
Reefs, you've coasted that reel a good few times ! Even put it on your Poseidon at the dam !
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: REEFMAN on June 05, 2012, 08:23:26 PM
The age is showing ey mike,
Reefs, you've coasted that reel a good few times ! Even put it on your Poseidon at the dam !

Nawt.  :craz: Reefzheimers.
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: MIKE PIKE on June 05, 2012, 08:27:30 PM
Homie whats coasted .. ??? some new version of casting at the coast... :hyst: ... sorry W.K , threads gone a bit off track here , yes the opus bull certainly is quite bullet proof , same as the BG range of grinders from Daiwa , simple yet effective design , less moving parts but carries on regardless. :-) 
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: Homie on June 05, 2012, 08:31:59 PM
Bloody autocorrect..........
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: MIKE PIKE on June 05, 2012, 08:36:37 PM
The age is showing ey mike,
Reefs, you've coasted that reel a good few times ! Even put it on your Poseidon at the dam !

Nawt.  :craz: Reefzheimers.

 .

Remember me ..??? im the oke u went fishing with in Kosi , 5 months ago ...this is Ultimate im posting on hey.... :rotfl    :rotfl
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: caesar on June 05, 2012, 09:01:43 PM
see they are selling for R375 on line. Worth it. think I will get myself one.
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: WalkersKiller on June 06, 2012, 08:15:52 AM
Caesar it will be money well spent!
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: nazeem6401 on June 13, 2012, 08:15:49 PM
I bought my :dwa: :cg: 6000+ on a whim and it has not skipped a beat. I use it with a composite 13 footer spin rod with one of those large collapsable guides. :fshn: It retrieves like a demon and it's only 'weakness' is a lowish 3:1 ratio but u can really crank it and it will skip ur end bits over many an obstacle. Just dont stop cranking! On its first outing i caught 2 decent :shd: shad at blue waters on sand prawn! Those tailors must have been hungry. I recommend this reel to any whose budget doesn't stretch to stellas et al.
 
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: Mrzipo on June 24, 2012, 01:09:06 PM
Guys are these reels good to use with braid???
Title: Re: Quality For Money - Daiwa Opus 6000 Plus
Post by: WalkersKiller on June 24, 2012, 04:27:55 PM
Guys are these reels good to use with braid???
Never tries with braid, not sure how they would hold up, maybe someone else can shed some light on this?
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal