Warning: Zend OPcache API is restricted by "restrict_api" configuration directive in /usr/www/users/ultimaqz/Sources/Load.php on line 2827 Warning: Zend OPcache API is restricted by "restrict_api" configuration directive in /usr/www/users/ultimaqz/Sources/Load.php on line 2827 Geelbek & Kob

Author Topic: Geelbek & Kob  (Read 11023 times)

Offline nico

• The original man (*)(*)
  • Cred: 47
  • Click above for cred!
Re: Geelbek & Kob
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2010, 04:02:01 PM »
Here it is:

S 27 42 342   E 030 45 521

Haha! Who knows, you could catch a bass close by  w;k

Offline Capt. Hook

• Simple Fisherman
  • Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 338
  • www.bluewatercharters.co.za
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2010, 04:37:26 PM »
Here it is:

hapbday
BLUE WATER CHARTERS DURBAN - Marlin, Tuna and Big Game Fishing - www.bluewatercharters.co.za

DURBAN CRUISE BOAT - Harbour and Sea Cruises in Durban - www.durbancruiseboat.co.za

MouseDog

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2010, 07:36:53 PM »
Nico, Remember those river snapper (you hand lines one if I recall) well I sounded that mark the other day and there are some super showings!!! ;-)

What ring do you suggest???  Is there a lot of strain on the ring??? Will two large key rings attached with cable ties just above the front grip do the job??? 

I was thinking about using braid on my KP, but were very worried since I am already cutting my fingers with 0.5 mono.

The best Geelbek angling I've done was in 28m of water, they put up a lekker fight when you hook one 1 - 2 meters below the surface

Offline Capt. Hook

• Simple Fisherman
  • Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 338
  • www.bluewatercharters.co.za
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2010, 07:45:10 PM »
Here it is:

(bat (bat (bat (bat

So you wanna feed me to the Lions, Itala Game reserve is just around the corner
BLUE WATER CHARTERS DURBAN - Marlin, Tuna and Big Game Fishing - www.bluewatercharters.co.za

DURBAN CRUISE BOAT - Harbour and Sea Cruises in Durban - www.durbancruiseboat.co.za

benniejordaan

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2010, 08:00:45 PM »
What ring do you suggest???  Is there a lot of strain on the ring??? Will two large key rings attached with cable ties just above the front grip do the job??? 

I was thinking about using braid on my KP, but were very worried since I am already cutting my fingers with 0.5 mono.

The best Geelbek angling I've done was in 28m of water, they put up a lekker fight when you hook one 1 - 2 meters below the surface

You get them from the tackle shops. Just ask, they should have it, it's very common!

Offline nico

• Click above for cred!
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2010, 10:49:55 AM »
You get them from the tackle shops. Just ask, they should have it, it's very common!

Looks like this:

Offline tkei

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 92
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2010, 11:26:22 AM »
You Natal boys are moffies. Come on who needs a ring for the braid to run in. use your finger. You learn to let go when you wind, exactly the same as with mono. I have never cut my finger on braid doing this (but seen others do it, but they only do it once).
We had one of the gillies at our place handline a 25kg copper on braid the other day while a reels was being strapped back onto a rod. rahteer him than me, thats all i know.
Bek, what are those, they seem to have missed east london again.

Offline nico

• Click above for cred!
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2010, 01:35:29 PM »
You Natal boys are moffies. Come on who needs a ring for the braid to run in. use your finger. You learn to let go when you wind, exactly the same as with mono. I have never cut my finger on braid doing this (but seen others do it, but they only do it once).
True, but a ring is just so much easier. Why not use the trick when it is available? Since I moved to a ring I really enjoy it more.

We had one of the gillies at our place handline a 25kg copper on braid the other day while a reels was being strapped back onto a rod. rahteer him than me, thats all i know.
Bek, what are those, they seem to have missed east london again.

I've had to do that a few times, and I have to tell you, it is surprising how much pressure you can put on a fish by hand, even with braid!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal