Author Topic: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?  (Read 12118 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 08:12:58 AM »
Now that's a plan... I know peterblace is also crazy to spend a few days there with his light tackle setup... Sounds great. Maximvs will be ready so crossing the bay won't be a problem!
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 08:13:34 AM »
Trust me... even Fritz's bakkie won't make it through the Elephant reserve and further North. Mud is one thing, but soft sand for 100km's... no chance.

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 08:15:02 AM »
Now that's a plan... I know peterblace is also crazy to spend a few days there with his light tackle setup... Sounds great. Maximvs will be ready so crossing the bay won't be a problem!

Let us know when the proposed dates for this trip is...  :hnthnt:

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 08:21:53 AM »
Now that's a plan... I know peterblace is also crazy to spend a few days there with his light tackle setup... Sounds great. Maximvs will be ready so crossing the bay won't be a problem!

Let us know when the proposed dates for this trip is...  :hnthnt:


 :yipee: :happ: :fshn:
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline Fritz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 08:31:45 AM »
I am getting a feeling, I'm getting a feeling that their might be some UA members visiting  Marcos pretty soon.

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 08:35:55 AM »
I am getting a feeling, I'm getting a feeling that their might be some UA members visiting  Marcos pretty soon.

Well, hopefully not just visiting me but also getting in touch with these guys  :gt: :brnz: :cout: :dor: :yft: :billf:
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline Fritz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 08:37:05 AM »
Now that's a plan... I know peterblace is also crazy to spend a few days there with his light tackle setup... Sounds great. Maximvs will be ready so crossing the bay won't be a problem!

Let us know when the proposed dates for this trip is...  :hnthnt:

Why dont we waight for Marcos to get MAXIMVS done and then we sort the trip out asap. I am willing to fly in to Maputu and if its alright with you Marcos we go together to Carlos and spend some good fishing time their .

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 08:40:03 AM »
100%!

I know a certain canine mod was also willing to visit me sometime earlier next year?

And of course Willie is also going to exercise his sea legs  :rck"
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 09:05:31 AM »
Now that's a plan... I know peterblace is also crazy to spend a few days there with his light tackle setup... Sounds great. Maximvs will be ready so crossing the bay won't be a problem!

Let us know when the proposed dates for this trip is...  :hnthnt:

Ditto !

Offline Toppie

  • RIP Toppie. What a great man. You will always be an
  • Ultimate Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1823
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 09:29:15 AM »
I am getting a feeling, I'm getting a feeling that their might be some UA members visiting  Marcos pretty soon.

This sounds like a plan in the making! I would also be interested. Fishing the channels in front of Santa Maria and even the flats and rocks around the corner can be great fun!
 
If group can/will justify and if John can organise sufficient capacity for transfer to Santa Maria I can try organise a flight charter at special price.
"Everything will be good in the end" - so it cant be the end yet!

Offline Zetti

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 10:00:13 AM »
I am getting a feeling, I'm getting a feeling that their might be some UA members visiting  Marcos pretty soon.

This sounds like a plan in the making! I would also be interested. Fishing the channels in front of Santa Maria and even the flats and rocks around the corner can be great fun!
 
If group can/will justify and if John can organise sufficient capacity for transfer to Santa Maria I can try organise a flight charter at special price.

I think Marcos should start looking for a bigger boat because I also want to go.
 
We were planning on going anyway but with the new family developments I doubt if Mrs. would want to / can go. I'll have to be very good from now on so that she will allow me to slip away for a few days.
 
 

Offline Fritz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 10:22:02 AM »
Viskop you and I can talk about this on the weekend. Maybe I must start a new thread to find out how many guys are keen to come with. Get the final number and thenspeak to the chaps from the camp about a booking. One can negotiate a price if we are a couple of us going.
Marcos what would be the better times to look at next year.

Offline Zetti

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2011, 10:31:49 AM »
Viskop you and I can talk about this on the weekend. Maybe I must start a new thread to find out how many guys are keen to come with. Get the final number and thenspeak to the chaps from the camp about a booking. One can negotiate a price if we are a couple of us going.
Marcos what would be the better times to look at next year.

Great, will talk then.
 

Offline PH

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2492
  • Cred: 259
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pringle Bay
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2011, 10:45:42 AM »
Viskop you and I can talk about this on the weekend. Maybe I must start a new thread to find out how many guys are keen to come with. Get the final number and thenspeak to the chaps from the camp about a booking. One can negotiate a price if we are a couple of us going.
Marcos what would be the better times to look at next year.

Oh, boy! Andree has been pestering me for us to go to Moz. :hehe:
Start a new thread Fritz.
We civilise left,  we civilise right
Till nothing is left and nothing is right
"Paint your wagon"

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2011, 11:22:03 AM »
Guys,

I can throw a in 24 ft Kei Marine Scorpion (2 x 115 HP yammies 4-stroke) if needs be regarding transport (capacity for 8 anglers)... MAXIMVS will probably be rated 6 pax...

How's that?
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2011, 11:24:58 AM »
Marcos what would be the better times to look at next year.

At this stage there are quite a few options... First weekend of Feb (national holiday here on friday!) probably sounds too close... any time really...
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline Fritz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2011, 11:27:52 AM »
I will start a new thread.

Offline Rory mundy

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1762
  • Cred: 66
  • Gender: Male
  • vidalbum
  • Location: St Lucia
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2011, 04:37:37 PM »
that 100km took me 8 hours from kosi bay towing a boat was hectic

vidalbum

Offline peterblace

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1151
  • Cred: 77
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mozambique - Maputo
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2011, 06:13:54 PM »
@Fritz...I was away from home...and been away from UA for a while...

I will be on holidays in Portugal from the 18th of February till the 3rd of March...so I can't take more days off and whatever the dates are I will definetely join the group for a weekend

so if your plans are for the first week of February (last of January) will include a Mozambican public holiday (3rd of February)
if that's the week count me in...I'm looking forward for 3 days of light spinning tackle at Hells Gate

let's start making a plan as by that time it's summer here and together with a public holiday lodges might get busy
lets look for options on accomodation and transfers from Maputo to Hells Gate
regarding a place to crash in Maputo (if needed) my house has a guest bedroom where 2 can sleep...in the living room there's a sofa bed where 1 can sleep...


Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: Hells gate? Can anyone give me some info please?
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2011, 08:36:28 PM »
@peterblace: this issue is being discussed here http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,7329.0.html
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal