0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
What distance should the average guy get, I tried for the first time yesterday and maxed out on 15m once in every 3 or so casts - agree with the practise thing!! Could be good fun but I am very lazy.................maybe I need to get a cheap setup for the berg next month!!
Another 3 things are important in learning how to cast a fly fishing rod, perseverance, practice and patience!It will be frustrating and will require long hours of practice and slapping the water but once you have got it right, it will stay with you forever!WK
Can I make a suggestion?Assuming you received the line as part of a combo? Get some decent line, Airflo Ridge or something similar, this will make a world of difference to you. Its worth spending a few bucks on proper line, just my opinion here.
I recently had the privilege of being at one of Peter Hayes`s clinics, and I must say that everything I was learned and thought I knew about casting, just went out of the door. I do think that each person should get a style he/she is comfortable with.