Author Topic: Giant African Threadfin with Chris "aquadementia" Caine  (Read 6501 times)

Warning: Zend OPcache API is restricted by "restrict_api" configuration directive in /usr/www/users/ultimaqz/Sources/Load.php on line 2792

Offline fedu

• Cred: 70
Re: Giant African Threadfin with Chris "aquadementia" Caine
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2011, 10:01:00 AM »
man thats a pretty fish , you like the twisty's now ?makes life so much easier , did you have a bite trace on as well ?

I like the castability of the twisty's it's so simple to make braid to mono connections now and yes I use bite trace, that way I have best of both worlds, castability of inside the guides mono (the twisty) and the single line leader that does not spook fish, what ,in theory could happen with twisties due to bubbles created by water going through the doubled mono line.

I do not need any kind of shock absorsion on this light setups but like practice makes perfection I rig all my casting sticks like this now, heavier and lighter.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 10:03:33 AM by fedu »

Offline REEFMAN

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 764
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 10:08:03 AM »
fEDU, how are you joining your twisty to the bite trace? What connection are you using there?
#TheGreatAwakening

Offline aquadementia

• Spineless
  • Cred: -9
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2011, 10:10:29 AM »

thanks Fedu, great report as usual! I am now sitting in an overcast and cold Pretoria, the thoughts of this weekend still fresh in my mind.

My fish I would put around 13kg's, Fedu's around 15kg's.

Manny, the lady manager at the lodge is doing research on the threadfin, the first done anywhere for this species. She tells me that all are born male and at around the size of the two bigger ones we caught, they change to female.

Fedu threadfin fun
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 10:34:24 AM by aquadementia »

Offline tackle whore

• Cred: 15
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 10:27:22 AM »
CHRIS hunt them outside the mouth as well around the sand  banks in AUST guys fish lots of halco cranks for them , have a good dvd about catching barra and threadfin some where  need to hunt it down . will send you a few lead heads to try .
Pm me your details ..

Offline fedu

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 10:35:29 AM »
fEDU, how are you joining your twisty to the bite trace? What connection are you using there?

Probably not the best knot out there but it's the one I know how to tie in a hurry and I usually have to replace the bite leader after a couple fish.

Double Uni - in theory a 80% to 90% knot

Offline fedu

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »
CHRIS hunt them outside the mouth as well around the sand  banks in AUST guys fish lots of halco cranks for them , have a good dvd about catching barra and threadfin some where  need to hunt it down . will send you a few lead heads to try .
Pm me your details ..

At the Kwanza, usually, June is the month for fishing the outside and July inside.

@Chris - I really like that video thanks :-)

Offline L Hooker

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 55
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
Awesome report guys, dammit that looks like fun, you lucky buggers. :fshn: :happ:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal