Author Topic: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!  (Read 12591 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Bwana

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 916
  • Cred: 206
  • Gender: Male
  • Deep Blue Addict
  • Location: Shelly Beach, KZN
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
Well done Reinhard that is a great report and a fantastic  :gt: !!!  (clap)

Nice to see Bennie's jigs getting results, I have a couple as well that I intend using to knock the yellowtail and ambers this autumn / winter down here! They are deadly!

TUNAMAN

  • Guest
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 11:55:53 AM »
Well done Reinhard that is a great report and a fantastic  :gt: !!!  (clap)

Nice to see Bennie's jigs getting results, I have a couple as well that I intend using to knock the yellowtail and ambers this autumn / winter down here! They are deadly!
Thanks Mark. Will PM you some data. Maybe you ca give it a go and this way we will have more results to compare. You doing Shelly this year?

Offline Bwana

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 916
  • Cred: 206
  • Gender: Male
  • Deep Blue Addict
  • Location: Shelly Beach, KZN
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 12:13:26 PM »
Great, please send me the data. I have emailed you the info you requested  :hnthnt:

I am not sure about shelly this year I have a lot going on and don't know if I'll have a gap for it  :cry:

I'll keep you posted on our jigging activities, the guys are getting some quality fish here - a few ambers in the 40+kg bracket and some good size GT's too. One local guy got 7 ambers last weekend!


TUNAMAN

  • Guest
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 12:23:15 PM »
Great, please send me the data. I have emailed you the info you requested  :hnthnt:

I am not sure about shelly this year I have a lot going on and don't know if I'll have a gap for it  :cry:

I'll keep you posted on our jigging activities, the guys are getting some quality fish here - a few ambers in the 40+kg bracket and some good size GT's too. One local guy got 7 ambers last weekend!


Did send to you. Those are great results on one day. Will have to join you some day for these deep drops.

Offline dugong

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1676
  • Cred: 54
  • Location: Durban - Warmwater country!!
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 03:18:47 PM »
Very good fish!! are you sure it is excluded in the comp??
Just Fish!!!

TUNAMAN

  • Guest
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 03:35:58 PM »
Very good fish!! are you sure it is excluded in the comp??
We actually phoned the controller to make sure and he said on two occasions that it was excluded. All we had to go on.

Offline shagnrelease

  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 08:23:28 PM »
Congrats and it could not have happened to a more deserving guy!! well done and hard luck on the exclusion.

well done though on a great beastie!! :happ: :happ: :happ: :happ:

benniejordaan

  • Guest
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 08:48:39 PM »
Nothing spectacular, but a good sign for just a few downs.

Offline nico

  • The original man (*)(*)
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 773
  • Cred: 47
  • Gender: Male
  • Click above for cred!
  • Location: Gibraltar
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 09:10:05 PM »
I've now realized that I know nothing about couta. All the years I have been slaying them must have been a vloek :(

benniejordaan

  • Guest
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 09:18:05 PM »
I've now realized that I know nothing about couta. All the years I have been slaying them must have been a vloek :(

Rubbish! Look what you did last year for us??

Offline Capt. Hook

  • Official ball thrower for my dog
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3140
  • Cred: 338
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durbs
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011, 09:32:39 PM »
I've now realized that I know nothing about couta. All the years I have been slaying them must have been a vloek :(

No Nico, Couta are an elusive and unpredictable species, you know a lot, just not everything. Remember a mans education is only completed on his death bed, and even then you will not know everything.

Offline nico

  • The original man (*)(*)
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 773
  • Cred: 47
  • Gender: Male
  • Click above for cred!
  • Location: Gibraltar
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2011, 09:46:34 PM »
Ja guys, just hopefully getting towards the end of a dry spell. Never easy when the dice rolls against you.  :rain:
 
All you need is one good fish and you are set for months!
 
Bring it on   :rck"

Offline fedu

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 530
  • Cred: 70
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Luanda, Angola
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2011, 10:16:59 PM »
Great report and a beautifull fish!!!

Nice seeing witchcraft quickly becoming a UA meeting point and fish magnet  :happ: :happ: :happ:

Offline nico

  • The original man (*)(*)
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 773
  • Cred: 47
  • Gender: Male
  • Click above for cred!
  • Location: Gibraltar
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2011, 10:24:28 PM »
Nice seeing witchcraft quickly becoming a UA meeting point and fish magnet!

When can the Witchcraft crew come vist mate?  :hnthnt:

Offline fedu

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 530
  • Cred: 70
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Luanda, Angola
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2011, 10:45:28 PM »

When can the Witchcraft crew come vist mate?  :hnthnt:

Anytime just figure out what you want to do so we can choose the best time in the season for it, now with aqua on the Kwanza we can cover even the Tarpon option, season as ended last weekend, now bottom fishing and coastal trolling season is starting up and of course in a month time the R&S for the Mighty Cubera and Kob :-) 

Offline ONDE ONDA

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 106
  • Cred: 3
  • Location: Uvongo KZN and Jozies
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2011, 07:17:28 AM »
Great report Rynard well-done to all of you  :happ: :happ: :happ: :happ: :happ:
IF IT SWIMS I CATCH IT

TUNAMAN

  • Guest
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2011, 09:21:35 AM »
I've now realized that I know nothing about couta. All the years I have been slaying them must have been a vloek :(
Pal you must relax it happens to the best out there. We will get back there and I know you are the slayer. Just need some time on the water mate.

TUNAMAN

  • Guest
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2011, 09:24:05 AM »
Great report and a beautifull fish!!!

Nice seeing witchcraft quickly becoming a UA meeting point and fish magnet  :happ: :happ: :happ:
Thanks Fernando and to reitterate, there are very few craft out there with the capability of Witchcraft. Couple to that a guy like Bennie and you have a formidable adversary. The Couta evaded us this time round but revenge plans are definitely underway.

TUNAMAN

  • Guest
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2011, 09:28:24 AM »
Nothing spectacular, but a good sign for just a few downs.
Definitely a sign of a good healthy spot. Where in DBN can you do that totally unplanned and still come away with results. Great to see the Demon Jigs produce like there is no tomorrow. They stand up to any other product out there.

Offline CLS

  • Born to fish forced to work.
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1700
  • Cred: 114
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban - KZN
Re: DURBAN Festival Report - GT on Demon Tackle JIGS!
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2011, 09:37:50 AM »
Great report, and Nico I know the feeling  :-( Reports of cuda caught everyday, allover, except the day I launch  :cnfzd
A bad days fishing is better than sitting at home moping.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal