Author Topic: Decorating your trace.. What do you use ?  (Read 14671 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Fritz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban
Re: Decorating your trace.. What do you use ?
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 03:55:10 PM »
You are their deezynking. I had the same happen to me  some years back sailing back from Brazil to Cape Town. I ran out of lures that I was using behind the boat to get fresh fish for our trip( 32 days).
 
I ended up using some moring line and bound a packet of crisps inside out onto the mooring line. About 15 min. later I was gutting a masive big Dorado bull. " that was the best tasting meat I ever had "

Offline deezynking

  • Ultimate Chancer
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 930
  • Cred: 15
  • Gender: Male
  • Feeesshhhhh
  • Location: durban kzn
Re: Decorating your trace.. What do you use ?
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 04:12:44 PM »
You are their deezynking. I had the same happen to me  some years back sailing back from Brazil to Cape Town. I ran out of lures that I was using behind the boat to get fresh fish for our trip( 32 days).
 
I ended up using some moring line and bound a packet of crisps inside out onto the mooring line. About 15 min. later I was gutting a masive big Dorado bull. " that was the best tasting meat I ever had "

WOW,  that must have been an epic adventure. salute.
its amazing what works .... fishing is a mind boggling thing at times

Offline jace

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 101
  • Cred: 28
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: kzn
Re: Decorating your trace.. What do you use ?
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011, 06:34:27 PM »
:hehe: those were the days ne! The Inner circle 'n all!




@Tony and Eugene


How good is your memory....do you recall you coined the phrase " inner circle"


Rdgs


Jace

Offline MIKE PIKE

  • Ultimate Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3886
  • Cred: 196
  • Gender: Male
Re: Decorating your trace.. What do you use ?
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011, 07:44:21 PM »
Plastic glow in the dark squid skirts on all my slides and pink/red or translucent with glitter on the edible traces , sometimes a glow bead as well for added attraction, works for me.

Offline Fritz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban
Re: Decorating your trace.. What do you use ?
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2011, 07:10:03 AM »
@ SS
 
I dont think that we have to do the skirt thing. I have many time fished without one. Particulerly when the fish are biting and I run out of traces, I end up having to tie a nother one on the rocks while my mates are fishing and " bok koors" sets in you forget about the skirt but at the end of the day you where still getting fish just as fast as your mates.
 
I think that the flash in our skirts or the fact that they glow is purely as a added atraction. Hopefully it catches the eye when the shark is "down wind " from the bate

Offline Kumz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Decorating your trace.. What do you use ?
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 07:24:29 AM »
Sowy for the hijack ... jus Asking ???
 
But on the same lines , do any of you decorate your Spoons & Plugs ???
 
Using maybe a bucktail , reflector tape , etc  ??? 
 
Lets see your pics ??
 
Fritz i have seen your spoons ...  w;k
 
Let's get some ideas ..with the Silver tide fast approaching ...  :fshn:
 
 

2oceans

  • Guest
Re: Decorating your trace.. What do you use ?
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2011, 01:48:57 PM »
Thats fishing, one day it works and the other not :dunno:

Offline Hooch

  • Banned
  • *
  • Posts: 330
  • Cred: 33
  • Gender: Male
  • Fear no Fish
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: Decorating your trace.. What do you use ?
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 12:07:46 PM »
My choice of skirts will be as said, the pink yamashita skirts on slide rigs. Always produced a fish or three for me. Regarding the blue foam, it does work. On our trip to chidenguelle in 2009, I were fishing with white foam, and Jan (skrops) were fishing with blue foam. Guest what, the entire week we were there, he was the only one to get into fish everyday!! For a whole week!! It works!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal