Author Topic: Throw bait trace using circle hook and bait carier.  (Read 20439 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Andre Laas

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 246
  • Cred: 24
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Westville, Durban
Re: Throw bait trace using circle hook and bait carier.
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2011, 08:07:13 AM »
Thanks for the positive replies guys!

The idea for the soft beads as a stopper for live bait I saw somewhere some time ago, cant remember where, and I improvised from there. I used to use circles punched out of bait foam for the same purposes, and it worked, but it is not as neat.  I got both the bait carriers and the beads from Basil Manning, but have seen the beads in other shops as well.

Fritz, if you don't come right with the beads before you go, I should have some that you could go try out.

Offline Fritz

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban
Re: Throw bait trace using circle hook and bait carier.
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2011, 08:23:45 AM »
Yhanks for the gesture Critter. I dont have time to get to any tackle shops but I have improvised a bit and took the punch from the workshop this morning and punched some rings from tyre choop. It might not be as neet but it should do the job.

Offline Andre Laas

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 246
  • Cred: 24
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Westville, Durban
Re: Throw bait trace using circle hook and bait carier.
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »
That should also do the job just fine.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal