Author Topic: My first dingle dangle  (Read 11497 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Q1Stevens

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 100
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
My first dingle dangle
« on: July 10, 2020, 07:11:46 PM »

I made my first dingle dangles yesterday. It's nothing fancy, but I think it might just do the job  :corrct:
I just used a couple cm of mono and fastened it to a 6/0 circle hook using the figure of 8 knot. (The dingle can still slide on the hook but I hope the weight of the bait will secure it more or less). The foam I used is not high dense and it came with some packages that I ordered during lockdown, so I put it to good use lol. The small loop that I tide at the end of the dangle will be useless for now, as I haven't moved over to grapnels yet.


I know this thread is worthless without pics, so here you go  :hehe:
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Sting Ray

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 141
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gauteng
Re: My first dingle dangle
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 09:10:21 PM »
Looks nice. But try to attach a steel ring to the bottom (where you gonna attach your sinker), the way you made it the sinker may not unclip. 

You can also try making soft dangles for edibles with braid/Dacron. Then apply superglue at the ring (which you attach to the sinker), the superglue is absorbed by the braid, it goes rock hard. Lastly attach a thin piece of foam.

The first one I was just trying out with 200bs dacron, it is a bit short for that size hook. If you using thick dacron, you can just burn the tip of the top part then poke the hook into it.




« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 09:23:10 PM by Sting Ray »

Offline Sting Ray

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 141
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gauteng
Re: My first dingle dangle
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 09:11:09 PM »
 :fshn:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 09:11:36 PM by Sting Ray »

Offline Q1Stevens

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 100
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Re: My first dingle dangle
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 09:34:27 PM »
Looks nice. But try to attach a steel ring to the bottom (where you gonna attach your sinker), the way you made it the sinker may not unclip. 

You can also try making soft dangles for edibles with braid/Dacron. Then apply superglue at the ring (which you attach to the sinker), the superglue is absorbed by the braid, it goes rock hard. Lastly attach a thin piece of foam.

The first one I was just trying out with 200bs dacron, it is a bit short for that size hook. If you using thick dacron, you can just burn the tip of the top part then poke the hook into it.
:tkx:
Yeah, I had a feeling it won't release from the sinker, so I don't know why I made the loop, but maybe I'm going to use it to make sure that the bait is secure on the dangle :dunno:
I've heard about the dacron method, but I should first get my hands on some. Tackle stores supposed to sell it right?
You said dacron for edibles, do you use steel for non eds?


Your dangles look good :tite  what are you planning to target?
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Sting Ray

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 141
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gauteng
Re: My first dingle dangle
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 11:37:47 AM »
Will target anything that can fit that dangle in its mouth. :hehe:

Yes, you can get dacron at the tackle shop or use thick braid also.

I have not targeted in-eds as yet, but I know some guys use piano wire to make up dangles or you can also make it using carbon/nylon coated wire and use steel rings and heat shrink. (Making with piano wire is quick, easy and cheaper).  w;k

 :tite
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:44:42 AM by Sting Ray »

Offline Q1Stevens

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 100
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Re: My first dingle dangle
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 04:47:54 PM »
Will target anything that can fit that dangle in its mouth. :hehe:

Yes, you can get dacron at the tackle shop or use thick braid also.

I have not targeted in-eds as yet, but I know some guys use piano wire to make up dangles or you can also make it using carbon/nylon coated wire and use steel rings and heat shrink. (Making with piano wire is quick, easy and cheaper).  w;k

 :tite
Nice :hehe: :tite
Does it matter though? If you use steel or dacron for ineds? It will get swallowed, not bitten into right?
Thanks for the tips!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 05:02:45 PM by Q1Stevens »
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Q1Stevens

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 100
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Re: My first dingle dangle
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 05:14:49 PM »
Here's an update on my dingle dangles.
1. low density foam with green cable tie at the end. (Land-it circle BLN 6/0 hook)

3. high density foam with green cable tie at the end. (Adrenalin 6/0 hook)
4. high density foam with split ring (what I currently use)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 05:16:45 PM by Q1Stevens »
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal