Author Topic: Back Casting  (Read 177 times)

Offline fishatic

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 14
Back Casting
« on: July 04, 2020, 09:34:51 AM »
I found this video for back casting and it made me think of some of my mates with bad shoulders - might be worth looking into or trying out.

I have tried 20 times now to embed the video properly so it is actually visible in my post. No joy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdZscXIgZkY&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 10:11:28 AM by fishatic »

Offline SUPER ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Cred: 38
Re: Back Casting
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 11:14:16 AM »
So the embedding feature doesn't work anymore... sorry.  :-(

Offline Visenvryheid

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 30
  • Fishing and freedom! Thank the Almighty!
Re: Back Casting
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 11:16:08 AM »
Was watching a video few days back of a club day of a casting club in the UK..I saw some guys casting like that thinking WTF!!!? Crazy style..Most of the guys landed far short of their peers with OTG or pendulum casts, though some went 200m or over casting a 5-6oz, but it is interesting because maybe as you say those guys had bad shoulders. If I think back those anglers casting like that tended to be the older crowd, I just assumed probably incorrectly it was an older style of casting? What I did notice the other nite when watching that club day casting video is the few that were throwing grinders and braid, were even getting outcast by the much older "back casters" on multi and mono..The OTG and pendulum guys with multipliers were getting a 100m more than the grinders and 50m more than the best back casters. There was one guy on a back cast that was reaching well over 200m! For most fishing 1/3 of that distance is fine hahahaha?! I think I need some lessons!

Time for me to go have some casting practice, with some bait on a hook!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 11:21:35 AM by Visenvryheid »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal