Author Topic: mgazana 16-17 jan '16  (Read 937 times)

Offline kevf

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 19
mgazana 16-17 jan '16
« on: January 20, 2016, 07:26:28 AM »
we had a bulls party this past weekend at mgazana and a few of us took some rods down, rained most of the way down and by the time we got there and got settled in we had had a few to many  :beer: to hit the rocks. Got to "mbilene" at 6am the following morning the sea was flat, clean and cold. Tried for shad but none came out, slid some chokka and a live blacktail , got picked up by a small hammer (?) and that was it for the morning.

Went to mermaids in the afternoon, also pretty quiet, one of the chaps got a nice catface of maybe 2-3kgs, at sundown we took some fresh prawns to the jetty on the river side, me and a another guy lost 2 really strong fish and I got a stumpie of around a kg.

Had big plans to fish Sunday morning but got beaten by the  :beer: and just didn't have the will power to get up.

Speaking to the locals they said the shad have been fairly scarce but the ones around were a really good size, on black rock / long rock they had yellow tail smashing the shad they were busy fighting

not my best fishing weekend but good company and great fun though
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:42:21 PM by kevf »
its cruiser country

Offline Dewald Posthumus

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 8
Re: mgazana 16-17 jan '16
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 11:13:33 AM »
Sounds lekker, sometimes social responsibilities outweigh fishing. It is perfectly acceptable!  :beer: CHEERS!!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 11:14:14 AM by Dewald Posthumus »