Author Topic: WANTED: ONDE ONDE  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Echo7

• Cred: 1
WANTED: ONDE ONDE
« on: July 10, 2019, 08:07:56 am »
Hi gents I know they're pretty hard to find but I'm looking for ORIGINAL Onde Onde. Please let me know what sizes and colors you have.

Please send me a p.m or whatsapp me on 0832 triple zero 364.

Thx.

Offline Bwana

• Ultimate Hero
  • Cred: 206
  • Deep Blue Addict
Re: WANTED: ONDE ONDE
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 08:32:18 am »
Hi Echo
As far as I know they don't manufacture the original Onda anymore. There was a cheaper knock-off on the market that just didn't swim the same. While there may be some guys out there that may be willing to part with a secret stash of the originals, you might want to consider what in my opinion is the absolute best substitute bait to match or even beat the original Onda.
The CID Casting Sprat is lethal, it comes in two sizes and a host of colours. I am already on 10 species with this versatile casting stickbait and it has an action virtually identical to the original Onda.
Heres a link : https://www.basilmanning.co.za/cid-casting-sprat-402744.html?cat=42105
Check it out, you won't be disappointed!

Online maganything

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 67
  • I'd rather be fishing
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 09:25:31 am »
Hi Echo
As far as I know they don't manufacture the original Onda anymore. There was a cheaper knock-off on the market that just didn't swim the same. While there may be some guys out there that may be willing to part with a secret stash of the originals, you might want to consider what in my opinion is the absolute best substitute bait to match or even beat the original Onda.
The CID Casting Sprat is lethal, it comes in two sizes and a host of colours. I am already on 10 species with this versatile casting stickbait and it has an action virtually identical to the original Onda.
Heres a link : https://www.basilmanning.co.za/cid-casting-sprat-402744.html?cat=42105
Check it out, you won't be disappointed!

100% true. I bought one after you told me about it Mark.
Proper action and awesome!

Online FishStyx

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 50
  • I fish, therefore I am.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 11:31:41 am »
About 10 years ago, I bought 6 ondes... 2 years ago, with a bout of viskoors on the boat as the only fish we saw all day were boiling round us... I cast one off  :blush: . I still have 5 and I treasure them like I treasure my children  :-)
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Online BJR

• Ben
  • Cred: 9
  • When Fishing , SIZE does not matter !!
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 06:08:17 pm »
Kingfisher still stocks of a cheaper version of the original & in 3 different weights with a few colour options.
Yes, its not the original, but having used them personally all I can say is that they work. A friend of mine had used them frequently off shore with huge success.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:42:38 pm by BJR »

Offline dodger

• always willing to help
  • Ultimate Hero
  • Cred: 164
  • poverty is hereditary, you get it from your kids
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 08:22:11 am »
Try Sollys in Booysens, ask for Luki
when I die, may my wife not sell my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it... and I have bought more, a severe case of TA

Offline Echo7

• Cred: 1
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 02:50:41 pm »
Hi gents thanks for the suggestions, I'm getting a few CID sprats sent over from Durban. Going with red head/white, chrome and sardine. I still want the originals though, more for sentimental reasons than anything else.
We are relocating to Indonesia next year, hopefully, these lures will work there. On a really tight budget so I can't go overboard with tackle.

Offline Bwana

• Ultimate Hero
  • Deep Blue Addict
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 09:38:24 am »
Hi gents thanks for the suggestions, I'm getting a few CID sprats sent over from Durban. Going with red head/white, chrome and sardine. I still want the originals though, more for sentimental reasons than anything else.
We are relocating to Indonesia next year, hopefully, these lures will work there. On a really tight budget so I can't go overboard with tackle.
Sounds good, all the best. I would most definitely add a couple of of the Clear CID's into your order as well, by far the most effective colour I have used so far

Online FishStyx

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 50
  • I fish, therefore I am.
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 09:54:07 am »
I went to BM's online shop and those CIDs look goooooood. I feel a bout of TA coming on.
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline garrickhunter

• Cred: 0
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 08:39:51 pm »
If these sprats are used from rock and surf what retrieve should one use and what species can one target.lure looks good.

Offline Bwana

• Ultimate Hero
  • Deep Blue Addict
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019, 08:47:13 am »
If these sprats are used from rock and surf what retrieve should one use and what species can one target.lure looks good.
Everything eats them. I prefer a fast retrieve on the surface. So far I've caught shad, needlescale queenfish, garrick, natal snoek, tuna, skipjack, bonnies, dorado, kingfish and garfish on this lure

Offline SAfish

• Angler of the Month - April 2015
  • Ultimate Hero
  • Cred: 136
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2019, 12:49:29 pm »
Bwana, what colour would be best for Shad and Garrick?

Offline HooknCook

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 6
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 01:42:06 pm »
Picked a couple up after reading this thread! They really nice and have some good weight to them so will cast a mile!! Cant wait to test them, thanks Mark!

Offline SAfish

• Ultimate Hero
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2019, 05:03:09 pm »
Picked a couple up after reading this thread! They really nice and have some good weight to them so will cast a mile!! Cant wait to test them, thanks Mark!
:rck"  Can you please tell me which ones you got, the 80mm or 90mm and what they weigh?

Offline garrickhunter

• Cred: 0
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2019, 10:13:51 pm »
Everything eats them. I prefer a fast retrieve on the surface. So far I've caught shad, needlescale queenfish, garrick, natal snoek, tuna, skipjack, bonnies, dorado, kingfish and garfish on this lure
Thanks Bwana  Millions of lures out there but very little info about how they should be used

Offline Shaun17

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 262
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 08:42:51 am »
Not for sale unfortunately... had them for years and don't have the heart to even open them!!

Those CID's are awesome... also the Fish Inc Flanker, just a little pricey but really really good!!

Offline Bwana

• Ultimate Hero
  • Deep Blue Addict
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2019, 09:32:01 am »
Nice stash there Shaun, thought you may have a few in your epic tackle store garage  :hnthnt:

Bwana, what colour would be best for Shad and Garrick?

In my opinion the ones that are chromed don't work so lekker as the paint does flake and scratch off eventually especially after a few shad. My two best performers are undoubtedly:
1st - CID clear
2nd - CID mackerel
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 09:32:41 am by Bwana »

Offline Bwana

• Ultimate Hero
  • Deep Blue Addict
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2019, 09:34:24 am »
Also a good idea to take the treble off the back and replace with a decent quality single, I have had success with the Mustad Soi Ring in 3/0

Offline SAfish

• Ultimate Hero
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2019, 12:48:50 pm »
 :tkx: For the info. Fishing has been quiet this side and my current arsenal does not seem to work anymore. I think I should get a couple of these to mix things up. They are also not as expensive as some other lures. I have twp Ondes, one white and one sardine colour. The sardine one is also bigger.

Offline Plugger

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 13
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2019, 10:14:48 am »
Don't overlook the Abu Toby, still my first choice Shad spoon. Also got a nice Blacktip Kingie and got smashed by what I'm sure was a big GT at Mapelane.I wouldn't buy the cheaper knock offs. Got boxes of Flankers which is my second choice when the Abu is not delivering.
Shaun did you get those from that tackle shop that closed down in Hillcrest ? Got my last Ondes there
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 10:17:20 am by Plugger »
Education is important but fishing is importanter !