Author Topic: Hi from a Scot in Grahamstown  (Read 197 times)

Online Adwyness

• Cred: 0
Hi from a Scot in Grahamstown
« on: June 12, 2019, 09:39:24 pm »
Hi all!!
Here for a couple years, and set myself the target of 100 salt species in my time here. So far on 8,not bad for only couple of weekends so far, but got some serious work to do. Loving the estuaries at Kenton, and been down to woody cape and cannon rocks too.
Looking forward to meeting some of you guys out there, but I'm also on here to find some company. Renting a car every weekend pretty much.
So, who wants to take me fashing?!!!

Offline Werries

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 82
Re: Hi from a Scot in Grahamstown
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 08:13:02 am »
Hi Scott, welcome to UA.
Nice way to tick off species is to get yourself the Common Seafishes of SA by Rudi vd Elst... I did that years ago and like birding ticked of the species one by one as I caught them. Adding notes for notable catches to the book makes for interesting reading later on.

My son ,Russo , took over my book and started chasing  my personal records that I have caught through the years.He has broken 7 of mine already so it gets interesting.  :hnthnt:

BTW, I am on 107 edible species and 32 non-eds in Saltwater.

Enjoy the chase!!
Only dead fish go with the flow...

Offline Edgy

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 09:27:04 am »
Im also in Ght and can PM you when i go down to Kasouga on weekends although I only fish out deepsea

Offline FishStyx

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 50
  • I fish, therefore I am.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 11:36:21 am »
 :welc:  Welcome to this amazing source of information we call Ultimate Angling... Looking forward to updates and reports on you species list as it goes. Would be great if you started a thread on it.
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Online Adwyness

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 05:31:57 pm »
Hi Scott, welcome to UA.
Nice way to tick off species is to get yourself the Common Seafishes of SA by Rudi vd Elst... I did that years ago and like birding ticked of the species one by one as I caught them. Adding notes for notable catches to the book makes for interesting reading later on.

My son ,Russo , took over my book and started chasing  my personal records that I have caught through the years.He has broken 7 of mine already so it gets interesting.  :hnthnt:

BTW, I am on 107 edible species and 32 non-eds in Saltwater.

Enjoy the chase!!

cheers for the welcome-

Brilliant!
yes, when I left Scotland ( my name's Ad) they got me a reef fish book, so ticking them off in that! youl have to get the book off your son before long and start beating him again!

Online Adwyness

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 05:33:36 pm »
Im also in Ght and can PM you when i go down to Kasouga on weekends although I only fish out deepsea

that would be great if that was an offer to join you out there- definitely let me know!!
I read something about senior members and pm's? not sure if that's still the case?

Online Adwyness

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 05:34:34 pm »
:welc:  Welcome to this amazing source of information we call Ultimate Angling... Looking forward to updates and reports on you species list as it goes. Would be great if you started a thread on it.

not a bad shout! il get on it

Online Adwyness

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 06:10:15 pm »
As promised, its up in the members gallery!