Author
Topic: Boat Towing Service / Operator Required ( Durban to Mozambique) - DBN to Marra !  (Read 644 times)

Offline Serra Moz

• Cred: 12
HEYA ALL !!!!!

Anybody up for a "boat towing" job? Durban to Marracuene = Mozambique (via Namaacha / Cidade = importation stuff / certification etc...) - All done Moz side (Have clearing agent + broker)- Have all legal docs / clearances / SAPS cleared / Swazi "in transit" paid etc etc..... Time Frame - Sometime in July... (Not sure if I will be around, hence looking at Plan # B) - Have some takers, but not in the know of procedures... INBOX, should you be interested... and T & Cs, like as in no chancers / fly by night types - I have some quotes already... (Pic of boat attached)...NB: Don't leave cell number or emails, if you haven't done this route before - PLEASE DON'T BOTHER....... I don't DO w/app - so read my post and revert back My email: britz747@gmail.com       - THANKS - TAKE NOTE.... NO = :nobs: :nobs: :nobs: :nobs:

:yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 04:31:18 am by Serra Moz »
Happy days!

Offline John F

• Cred: 517
Can't help mate... good luck with it!

Just curious why the ex-Swazi route and not Ponta... the road is brilliant and will take a lot less time...

UA/Columbia Angler of the Month: Oct 2012
UA Post of the Month: Oct 2011; Apr 2012; Sep 2013

Offline Serra Moz

Ponta / Kosi - not commercial - as I get all cleared at Namaacha... agent waiting at Borderpost - Tried the Kosiborder option - No need for Frigo / waiting etc.... boat gets all docs (exept) Maritimo stuff done at Namaacha... like KM4 at Komati - kind of a 1 Stop, so it makes sense.
Happy days!

Offline John F

Ok got it.

I get nauseous just thinking about driving through ex-Swaziland  :puke:

Offline Serra Moz

Ok got it.

I get nauseous just thinking about driving through ex-Swaziland  :puke:

No... choice bro, I know, OR it's the long way around then enter at Komati / RS - Do KM 4, (Same as at Namaacha = I believe it's a one stop type thing / process now, get all done - then go... no need for boat to wait 3 days in town etc...) all done thru my agent - legit - Of course I just need to do Maritimo, but they (Maritimo) will come out to my quinta...
Happy days!

Offline peterblace

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 77
I will ask rcoliveira84 from the forum...he had his boat towed from CPT to Komati....then he did the rest of the trip

Offline peterblace

• Ultimate member
I will ask rcoliveira84 from the forum...he had his boat towed from CPT to Komati....then he did the rest of the trip
+27 73 180 1080 - Clint
I reckon he only does ZA -> MZ border...but give him a shout

Offline Serra Moz

+27 73 180 1080 - Clint

Obrigado amigo... vou ligar... yip cool, got quite a few replies (About 15 from FB as well), all good - within my budget or suggested budget, yes it's either Komati / RS or Namaacha, but my agent in Moz suggested Namaacha as they have done this before (all legal = and yes it's costing me an arm and a leg) - but the way to go, all will be done at Namaacha (A to Z) take the boat straight to Marracuene, my wife (a fierce Mozzie Mulata...LOL) will then let Martimo come to the quinta for the Maritimo inspection  + register a feature business venture etc.... As (1) I might not be around to tow boat to and back to the Porto, (2) I will NOT allow  her to tow the boat....LOL) - You still a member at Clube Maritimo??? Value meu brada ! :tkx:
Happy days!

Offline Serra Moz

Anyway this is the boat.....  or a few of them....LOL - one coming up now is the SeaCat in PIC #1 - Ski Vee PIC # 2, coming back up later on.... (good old evergreen)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 02:31:00 am by Serra Moz »
Happy days!

Offline Serra Moz

+27 73 180 1080 - Clint

Yes, you see the thing is, with the Durban to Moz via Swazi, it's a little more complicated, as I need a "transit doc" for boat via Swaziland ( R 450) they do a bond type thing ect... But, I must admit, I sent an email to the Swazi tax people, and got sorted in a matter of hours - Unlike ZA and Moz.... all to the point no stress ect... So yes I can say and confirm what I always said, I like Swaziland they get things done, and that via email.... imagine sending an email to SARS (Tax) in SA.... You will wait weeks / months for a reply - OK, I know that Komati / RS (@ KM4) you can now get all your stuff done and go home with boat / car... no delays or waiting at Frigo... but seeing that the starting point is Durbs, going the Komati way is the long way around - I have had a 1000 people calling me a fool....LOL.... why don't you do Goba  or Kosi /Ponta, well it's not a commercial POE for these type of importations, I did my homework. I love Goba - and use to do "her" for the past 15yrs.... Kosi /Ponta ok... just the hours of operations, and it can get busy on weekends...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 02:32:10 am by Serra Moz »
Happy days!

Offline peterblace

• Ultimate member
+27 73 180 1080 - Clint

Obrigado amigo... vou ligar... yip cool, got quite a few replies (About 15 from FB as well), all good - within my budget or suggested budget, yes it's either Komati / RS or Namaacha, but my agent in Moz suggested Namaacha as they have done this before (all legal = and yes it's costing me an arm and a leg) - but the way to go, all will be done at Namaacha (A to Z) take the boat straight to Marracuene, my wife (a fierce Mozzie Mulata...LOL) will then let Martimo come to the quinta for the Maritimo inspection  + register a feature business venture etc.... As (1) I might not be around to tow boat to and back to the Porto, (2) I will NOT allow  her to tow the boat....LOL) - You still a member at Clube Maritimo??? Value meu brada ! :tkx:

you are more then welcome
I'm a member of Clube Naval (where I my boat sleeps)

Offline Serra Moz

+27 73 180 1080 - Clint

you are more then welcome
I'm a member of Clube Naval (where I my boat sleeps)

LOL.... what is the monthly clubs fees for an ordinary member (of course no locker etc) - Not for me... just for my own info, we have a club at Macaneta - starting up kind of... 20 + members, nothing major - nothing fancy. Well it's like 7kms from me.
Happy days!

Offline peterblace

• Ultimate member
us$350 (once off payment) for joining fee
500mzn monthly plus 100mzn per household aggregate  member

Offline Serra Moz

Muito obrigado !
Happy days!

Offline John F

Actually 500 mzn for family of 4.

Each extra family member adds 100 mzn

Offline Serra Moz

Actually 500 mzn for family of 4.

Each extra family member adds 100 mzn

Thanks Marcos -  it's for a Saffa, living at Katembe, or moving there - Did you go to Macaneta to check "our" club out.... nothing major, they are putting up a braai areas etc... Like I said it's nearest to me 7kms so no fuzz - nothing fancy required anyway - I am not the club groupie type ....LOL
Happy days!

Offline John F

Not yet.... haven't  had a gap to explore... been hectic lately with family health issues, work, etc. 

Offline Serra Moz

Not yet.... haven't  had a gap to explore... been hectic lately with family health issues, work, etc.

Dude don't mention "family health" issues.... sitting with the same at the moment... hope it works out, drop me a PM later.... not good
Happy days!