So after a long time of going back and forth on what reel to take for lighter tackle surf fishing (azores, sedona, nasci, BG etc), I decided to settle on the Shimano Spheros SW6000(optionally can use 5000 spool on it too for lighter work) . It was a "love on first crank" situation... When I held it in hand, I just knew that it was precisely what I wanted lol. Buttery smooth with all of the bells and whistles that I need. It's going to be paired up with a L&F Archipelago 11ft or 12ft. It's definitely not as lightweight as a stradic or the aforementioned, but I still think that it'll be quite fine for my application.
I need suggestions in terms of braid and the amount required. I've read that the stated quantities on the spool are really inaccurate. I think HMP might just be a good choice in terms of brand, but also wouldn't mind the likes of the 8 strand boss braids since I've personally not been disappointed by them.