Author
Topic: Visiting Pennington Dec 2018  (Read 478 times)

Offline Thorne

• Cred: 0
  • God is good, all the time.
Visiting Pennington Dec 2018
« on: December 07, 2018, 12:45:30 pm »
I am currently prepping fishing tackle for my visit to Pennington from 20 Dec and need some advice/tips etc..
I generally fish Umhlanga rocks (Eastmoor Cres) and the Northern beaches of KZN North Coast for flat fish and sharks. Where is best sandy beaches to target these Non eds in Pennington? I hear around the skiboat club launch- but this still has many submerged rocks. 
Which other fish (ed's and Nin eds) would you recommend I target about in Dec? Brusher, Stumpies, Pompano, Kob, Garrick, rays, sharks?

your assistance would be appreciated.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Offline FishStyx

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 48
  • I fish, therefore I am.
Re: Visiting Pennington Dec 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 02:31:37 pm »
Never fished the area but  :welc:  and please report back after your trip.
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline Plugger

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 13
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 09:40:56 am »
Udoni point is a good deep water spot for Snoek Shad and Garrick.Walk South to the end of the road and cross over the railway line and the next bay is Umdni Point.Early morning best but can get busy.
Post Office Gully is good for Shad though I have caught Grunter there as well.About a 100 meters South I have caught Black Tip Kingfish,Pompano and a Brown Skate in my bait fishing days. Head North in front of the caravan park and where the road turns sharp right there's a beach access across the railway line.I park in front of the caravan park and walk.I wouldn't take a car to Umdoni Point either.

Education is important but fishing is importanter !

Offline Thorne

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 09:58:15 am »
Thanx, I am walking distance from the intersection of Figtree/Impathle Dr/Palm. but last year (Dec) I noticed the fishing to be poor in that area.
I took a walk down south to where I think you talking about "Umdini Point" but it does not look safe to fish alone in early morning/ late afternoon.
I appreciate you feedback.
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Offline Plugger

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 13
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 12:06:32 pm »
Since braid came on the scene Umdoni Point has become more popular with 100m casts becoming the norm but I wouldn't advise going alone .My post regarding Caravan park site should have read sharp left not right.
Education is important but fishing is importanter !

Offline Thorne

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 09:39:36 am »
Thanx, for the advice I will make a turn at the point and see if I can make a fishing date with some of the locals.

Offline Thorne

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 08:47:05 am »
If you select 'mud crab' when taking out your fishing permit - does that include catching and using ghost crabs, rock crabs and sea lice?

Offline Visenvryheid

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 19
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 10:37:05 am »
Mud crab is for mud crab, the big one for eating.. The rock crabs you don't need a license for and molecrab you might need a additional tick in KZN, someone there can confirm..