Author
Topic: Ark Fishalot  (Read 339 times)

Offline kariba

• Cred: 0
Ark Fishalot
« on: September 14, 2018, 08:01:28 am »
I am looking at the Ark Fishalot with 15hp motor, would like some comments on how easy or difficult it is to set it up at the water, I'll be transporting it in the back of bakkie and inflate at the water. My use would be primarily inland dams and bass, with once a year trips to transkei  estuaries, jozini or kosik bay. It's quite an expensive rig, at R17k for boat, seems impossible to get them second hand. if anyone has experience with these I'd appreciate  it if I could contact you to chat about this boat and its performance and suitability for my needs

Offline maganything

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 66
  • I'd rather be fishing
Re: Ark Fishalot
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 03:04:02 pm »
friend of mine has one and i have fished off it a few times.
He runs his with a 5hp yammie and it goes nicely. Think for the uses you have mentioned it will get the job done.

Offline MIKE PIKE

• "The Mongoose"
  • Ultimate Hero
  • Cred: 192
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 04:19:47 pm »
That will work fine kariba , i use a small ark duck with a 2.5 hp for smaller waters , not sure how yours would be in the rough waters that can occur in kosi lakes when wind gets out of hand though .

Offline Serra Moz

• Cred: 12
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 06:04:51 am »
Just a suggestion, why don't you search the online ads for the original "Ark Fish Duc" used / 2nd hand ? (Photo: from Google) and then get a "Parsun" outboard (3.6jhp) (Phote: from Google)  - You can get away with a  good/fair deal under 10K - Depending on the distance you need to drive to the dams / rivers... inflate the Ark at home, secure + lash correctly no probs - Ask me... I have the same set up...

I think Parsun might trade as Tohatsu now days? Anyway I bought one some years ago, still going strong...    :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 06:06:19 am by Serra Moz »
Happy days!

Offline UmdlotiOnDad

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 08:16:41 am »
This is my setup 3.6m Stingray with a 15hp Yamie. Best advise is to get a fish finder and use the 12v battery with a inflatable bed pump to do 90% of the pumping.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 08:25:49 am by UmdlotiOnDad »

Offline Rory mundy

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 65
  • vidalbum
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 09:12:38 pm »
I know that mouth well what a magical place

vidalbum

Offline kariba

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 11:50:17 am »
umdlotodad, do you set up at the water or do you have a trailer? how easy/hard is it to carry the 15hp, and the whole set up and pack away again excersise?

Offline UmdlotiOnDad

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 07:06:32 am »
I trailer boat for my local dams but if going on a serious mission will bag and tag. The 15 isn't to bad to manage. Its got a handle so u can carry it like that as well. Otherwise sling over your shoulder.

Setting up was a hack in the early days but you get the hang of it. Using a air bed 12v pumps really helps with inflating/deflating. Packing up can be a hack as its normally dark and boat is wet.