Author Topic: Kenya - 2018/2019 season - Book now with Club 15 Kenya  (Read 569 times)

Offline Disty

• Cred: 0
Kenya - 2018/2019 season - Book now with Club 15 Kenya
« on: September 12, 2018, 11:09:59 am »
***Club 15 Watamu KENYA***
2018/2019 SEASON BOOKINGS NOW OPEN.

Bookings are now open for the 2018 / 2019 season.
Our 38ft Supercat, Castle Lager, will be in the water from the beginning of October 2018.
Please give Jenny a call at our East London booking office on 043 743 2043 to book your spot for this season or email info@club15kenya.com!

Check out http://www.club15kenya.com/ and follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Club15Kenya.

Club 15 has successfully been operating in Kenya for over 20 years and what we promise is an affordable angling adventure, catering specifically for the South African Game fisherman, friends and family, in one of the world’s foremost Bill and Game fish destinations. Target Species include: Marlin, Sailfish, Broadbill Swordfish, GT’s (Kingfish), Wahoo, Yellowfin Tuna, Couta, Dorado, Amberjack, Snapper and a host of other sought after gamefish species.

Our packages Include:
•   Flights ex JHB to Mombasa rtn,
•   Transfers from Mombasa to Watamu return,
•   Accommodation in our 5 bedroom, airconditioned lodge with friendly helpful house staff and chef on a self catering basis.
•   The use of our 38ft Supercat, with skipper and deckhand, fully equipped with 30-80lb Shimano gear.
•   Use of the Club's Toyota Minibus
•   Contact us for a package cost - typical groups are 4 to 8 pax, we cater for 7, 10 and 14 day packages.
Excludes:
•   Fuel, food, drinks, visas (if required), terminal tackle and tips.

Offline SUPER ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Cred: 37
Re: Kenya - 2018/2019 season - Book now with Club 15 Kenya
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 11:18:21 am »
Would have been nice if you asked for permission to advertize on Ultimate before you posted...?!  w;k
You lucky I'm feeling generous and will let this one go....

Offline CRANKMAN

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 50
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 12:11:29 pm »
You forgot to mention the discount Ultimate Angling members receive when booking  w;k

:welc:
>('>
                   )<((°>
     }<(({°>

Offline Disty

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 02:37:33 pm »
@Super Admin - sincere apologies for the oversight and thanks for letting it slide. I hope some of the members can take advantage of the offer and go and enjoy an extraordinary place and world class fishing - at Saffa rates!

Offline dugong

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 54
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 02:39:59 pm »
Ballpark cost ex Durban??  I went to Hemmingways about six years ago and it was about 25k all in.
Just Fish!!!

Offline Disty

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 03:22:40 pm »
@Dugong
The biggest whack are the flights ex JHB to Mombasa. Usually around R8800-R9200 return - BUT at the moment we have been booking at about R5800. I don't know how much longer these flights will be available for, but if you are considering a trip, now's the time to make that call!
Costs are dependent on number of people in the group and the time frame. We offer 7, 10 and 14 day packages and these include the boat and house on a self catering basis - all the info is on the Facebook and webpages, so do take a quick look there and our information booklet so you know what to expect.
As a guideline - for a group of 6 anglers for a week, the price we would quote to you would be the Flight ex JHB - as above, Plus R4300 and $400 to be paid in SA. You'd need to add in your DBN flight to JHB as well.
Costs during your stay in Watamu will depend on how many days you spend fishing and how many chilled Tuskers you enjoy around the pool in the evenings. We also tip the crew for Billfish, GT, AJ etc releases to encourage the T&R ethos - I work on about R4000 per person for food, fuel, tips and drinks while we are there and that covers 6 full days of fishing and my very thirsty friends. So in the region of around R20-R21k all in - but as I said, this is dependent on the flight cost at the time of booking and how much fuel you use and other "consumables" in Watamu.
Drop us an email on info@club15kenya.com and we'll send the detailed pricing on to you.
Cheers

Offline dugong

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 02:57:56 pm »
Thanks, not a bad price all considered, has this anything to do with the original Club 15 at Linga Linga??
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 02:58:39 pm by dugong »
Just Fish!!!

Offline fishing mike

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 05:34:53 pm »
Dugong
that was a great spot. Went there about 116 years ago and some good fish.
I believe they sold it and now have a spot further north. Apparently very good fishing and well equipt
would also love to know how they are doing now that they seemed to have expanded

Offline fishing mike

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 05:36:23 pm »
16 years I am not that old yet

Offline Disty

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 08:36:49 am »
Thanks, not a bad price all considered, has this anything to do with the original Club 15 at Linga Linga??

Hi Dugong, yes, the concept was part of the original Club 15 which started up in Northern Kenya and then moved the operation to Watamu in the 90's. These original Club 15 members moved down to Linga Linga and we took over from them many years ago. Boats, houses and members have changed, but the name still exists as Club 15 Bill and Gamefishing CLub, Watamu. It's a completely separate entity from the Club 15 Mozambique operation.

Offline dugong

• Ultimate Champ
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 08:53:56 am »
Dugong
that was a great spot. Went there about 116 years ago and some good fish.
I believe they sold it and now have a spot further north. Apparently very good fishing and well equipt
would also love to know how they are doing now that they seemed to have expanded

Yip, loads of memories, I first went to Linga 22 years ago and every year for about 16 years, I was involved in the development of a lodge there and we paid for the first unit that went up that we used for four years, when we lost it(to corruption) we stayed at Club 15 for the next five or so years until they moved up north. They actually lost the main house which they had fixed after the war to the same corrupt bastard/s that we dealt with (bat
Fantastic place, caught couta, kingies, kawas etc.... in the bay and off the beach right in front of the lodge there!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:04:58 am by dugong »
Just Fish!!!

Offline fishing mike

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 05:05:24 pm »
Great photos
I hooked a prodigal just around the corner in the bay, but the hook pulled.
lots of cuta and sail fish
The local netted a huge brindle bass while we where there, two of them could not lift it, and they took it straight to the market to be sold. it was amazing watching them net it as they were being knocked over, in the water by the fish for about 20 minutes before landing it. It was sad when we saw it was a protected species that is threatened.
good old days