Author
Topic: West Coast Fishing?  (Read 739 times)

Offline Monster Line

• Cred: 0
West Coast Fishing?
« on: July 20, 2018, 09:24:02 pm »
Hi All,

I've never fished the West Coast but I hear there are some good spots that side..

Can anyone share the best spots and what is available for the catch?

Thanking you in advance.

Offline Lenny

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 120
  • Catch and Release
Re: West Coast Fishing?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 02:11:26 pm »
If you are where your profile say .

Why would you drive up there ?

Comparing the west coast shore fishing , to shore fishing  in Struis is like comparing a fiat uno , F1 car .

My point being , apart from , a few kob seasonally at gaanzekraal , and melkbos , and some white stumpnose Elf and some kob in langebaan . Veld drift the berg river was lekker to fish , with elf and leervis , this area has been plundered , and agian I will not drive up there with high hopes ...

Online BETTYS

• Ultimate member
  • Cred: 29
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 02:20:17 pm »
Where do you want to go as the West Coast is a is quite a long part of coast any specific place in mind
I LOVE THE SMELL OF FRESH BAIT IN THE MORNING

Offline La Niņa

• Cred: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 12:32:16 pm »

I second this!! No comparison between Struis and west coast!

If you are where your profile say .

Why would you drive up there ?

Comparing the west coast shore fishing , to shore fishing  in Struis is like comparing a fiat uno , F1 car .

My point being , apart from , a few kob seasonally at gaanzekraal , and melkbos , and some white stumpnose Elf and some kob in langebaan . Veld drift the berg river was lekker to fish , with elf and leervis , this area has been plundered , and agian I will not drive up there with high hopes ...

Offline ToolFan

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 08:34:38 am »
Thursday a public holiday. My son (from another relationship, and stays in Tableview) has asked me to take him fishing.
With the fuel costs of today, I live in Durbanville, I do not want to drive to all the way to Tableview and then all the way out to Bettysbay / Strand, so we are gonna try our hand at Melkbos / Derdesteen.
Really looking forward to spending time with my boy , even if we catch nothing. I dont alway get to see my boy, his mom ... well Ill leave it there.

Offline 2bar.boost

• Cred: 6
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 10:36:47 am »
Thursday a public holiday. My son (from another relationship, and stays in Tableview) has asked me to take him fishing.
With the fuel costs of today, I live in Durbanville, I do not want to drive to all the way to Tableview and then all the way out to Bettysbay / Strand, so we are gonna try our hand at Melkbos / Derdesteen.
Really looking forward to spending time with my boy , even if we catch nothing. I dont alway get to see my boy, his mom ... well Ill leave it there.

Make that trip to Langebaan, it's 1 hr from Table view. Nice calm water , safe and the Stump start biting this time. Fish palletjies and daff offices/navy jetty
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 10:37:35 am by 2bar.boost »

Offline ToolFan

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 11:07:03 am »
Thanks for replying. I actually thought about Langebaan.

But my thinking was, with it been a public holiday on Thursday, alot of people would head up for the long weekend, and the boating / congestion etc would make fishing unpleasant and difficult.

Offline 2bar.boost

• Cred: 6
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 11:21:02 am »
True, weirdly i still catch even with boat traffic
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 11:21:32 am by 2bar.boost »

Offline ToolFan

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 11:35:51 am »
I do not know if it was the cold, but  nothing was happening at  Palletjies in Langebaan.
There were two guys standing between the Recce jetty and the old hotel, and according to the one guy, they two were getting nothing (in fact when questioned, he was packing up).

I had my kids with me, and they were getting bored, so we made our way home, but along the way I just thought I would check out Gansekraal. That little island was "chok a block" full of guys. But it did not look like anyone was having any success either.

I am starting to look and consider Kayak fishing. With the fuels costs now days, these trips are getting expensive, and I least would like to show something more for it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 11:36:42 am by ToolFan »