0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Hi All ,i want to fish using a crayfish tail, some advice..... do i pin the entire tail? does anyone have an pics on how can this be done?
My Ultimate bait- Cray tail pieces onto the hook first, then small Occy leg hooked once to dangle below hook, followed by a wrap of Chokka around Cray pieces.Not many fish will swim past this and not take it!
How do you guys keep the peckers from stripping a bait like cray tail? I second the idea of wrapping it in chokka or something.Around these parts I can't even cast a unbeaten occie leg from the beach without being stripped in seconds.
Quote from: adam on May 30, 2018, 04:27:27 PMHow do you guys keep the peckers from stripping a bait like cray tail? I second the idea of wrapping it in chokka or something.Around these parts I can't even cast a unbeaten occie leg from the beach without being stripped in seconds.What works for me is to go on a fishing trip with Reefz and co. That way the fishing is normally so bad that even prawn and cray baits come out looking brand new And we have a scrumptious cray and prawn braai , on about the 3 rd day we there ...
Quote from: Half-Pint on May 31, 2018, 08:22:50 AMQuote from: adam on May 30, 2018, 04:27:27 PMHow do you guys keep the peckers from stripping a bait like cray tail? I second the idea of wrapping it in chokka or something.Around these parts I can't even cast a unbeaten occie leg from the beach without being stripped in seconds.What works for me is to go on a fishing trip with Reefz and co. That way the fishing is normally so bad that even prawn and cray baits come out looking brand new And we have a scrumptious cray and prawn braai , on about the 3 rd day we there ...