Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
Did you miss your
activation email
?
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Home
Recent Topics
Forum
Login
Register
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
FRESHWATER ANGLING
»
FW Hotspots/locations
»
Gilloolys Farm and Olifantsfontein Cable Dam
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Gilloolys Farm and Olifantsfontein Cable Dam (Read 13053 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Brad
Guest
Gilloolys Farm and Olifantsfontein Cable Dam
«
on:
August 19, 2016, 09:01:10 AM »
Hey everyone,
Hey hey its Friday......cant wait to get my rod out there. I have done a lot of fishing at Eendekuil with some massive yellows coming out but my last 3 trips have been terrible and that's due to the weather....so I want to try out Gilloolys and The dam the cable ski on in olifantsfonein, well there is another dam next to it that has fish apparently.
Have any of you tried these dams....I do have a fresh water angling license I got two days ago.....
Logged
WalkersKiller
Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 7417
Cred: 366
Gender:
Conservation First!
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Gilloolys Farm and Olifantsfontein Cable Dam
«
Reply #1 on:
August 19, 2016, 09:06:15 AM »
Going to Eendekuil when it warms up for sure!
Where is that dam in Olifantsfontein? Would like to hear how it goes...
Fished Gilloollys once before getting kicked out lol, caught a small carp on bread within a few minutes. So was bleak when we were chased away.
Logged
Brad
Guest
Re: Gilloolys Farm and Olifantsfontein Cable Dam
«
Reply #2 on:
August 19, 2016, 09:25:58 AM »
Eish this is all I am hearing about Gilloolys and I was also kicked out but I didn't have a license. Did you have one?
I think I am going to try the olifantsfontein dam . If you Google the cable ski in olifantsfontein you will find it but I will definitely let you know. It will be my first time there as well.
Logged
WalkersKiller
Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 7417
Cred: 366
Gender:
Conservation First!
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Gilloolys Farm and Olifantsfontein Cable Dam
«
Reply #3 on:
August 19, 2016, 09:28:29 AM »
Nope didnt have a licence then... But they didnt ask me for a licence they just told me I cant fish there...
Logged
Shikz
Member
Posts: 29
Cred: 2
Location: Greenstone
Re: Gilloolys Farm and Olifantsfontein Cable Dam
«
Reply #4 on:
August 19, 2016, 11:47:22 AM »
HI Brad,
I cant seem to be able to send PM's, contact me on whats app on 083 566 1964 re a spot in JHB that I have good success at.
Regards
Logged
rockspider
Senior Member
Posts: 146
Cred: 0
Gender:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockspider/
Location: London, UK from Brakpan, SA
Re: Gilloolys Farm and Olifantsfontein Cable Dam
«
Reply #5 on:
August 19, 2016, 01:30:38 PM »
Hi guys,
I got kicked out of Gilooly's years ago under the pretext that no fishing was allowed. This applied to the stream too. I was told by the guard there is a club you need to contact which I did but to no avail.
The barbel looked sizeable....
Logged
Brad
Guest
Re: Gilloolys Farm and Olifantsfontein Cable Dam
«
Reply #6 on:
August 19, 2016, 04:03:57 PM »
Thanks guys.
Rockspider...Well I got a license and by law they can't so I am up to that challenge.
I'll definitely contact you Shikz thank you.
Logged
Joff
Ultimate member
Posts: 312
Cred: 23
Gender:
Location: Joburg Gauteng
Re: Gilloolys Farm and Olifantsfontein Cable Dam
«
Reply #7 on:
August 20, 2016, 11:20:04 PM »
Brad, what type of licence are you referring to?
Logged
Big B
Barry
Ultimate member
Posts: 760
Cred: 20
Gender:
I am a fish-a-holic!
Location: Pretoria
Re: Gilloolys Farm and Olifantsfontein Cable Dam
«
Reply #8 on:
August 23, 2016, 11:41:12 PM »
TV license, haibo
Logged
Lets go FISHING!
Brad
Guest
Re: Gilloolys Farm and Olifantsfontein Cable Dam
«
Reply #9 on:
August 24, 2016, 08:00:25 AM »
A fresh water angling license Barry hahhaha.....but apparently Gilloolys and Modderfontein are privately owned so they will still kick you out. I fished Saturday and Sunday at Modderfontein but wasn't asked to leave....lost the biggest carp I have ever had on.....
Logged
WalkersKiller
Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 7417
Cred: 366
Gender:
Conservation First!
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Gilloolys Farm and Olifantsfontein Cable Dam
«
Reply #10 on:
August 24, 2016, 08:07:24 AM »
Which Modderfontein? In the reserve?
Or the dam by the restaurants?
Logged
Brad
Guest
Re: Gilloolys Farm and Olifantsfontein Cable Dam
«
Reply #11 on:
August 24, 2016, 08:11:11 AM »
The dam in front of the garage....they were coming out , all around 1 - 2 kgs but the one I lost was way over 10kgs....
Logged
WalkersKiller
Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 7417
Cred: 366
Gender:
Conservation First!
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Gilloolys Farm and Olifantsfontein Cable Dam
«
Reply #12 on:
August 24, 2016, 08:21:50 AM »
Fished there many times, never had an issue. Once someone told me we werent allowed to fish there, and basically told him its a public dam, and according to law you do not need a freshwater licence for Gauteng (Which was the case when I last checked a few years a go).
Caught quite a few Carp over 10kgs there and some Koi between 5 and 8kgs.
Logged
Brad
Guest
Re: Gilloolys Farm and Olifantsfontein Cable Dam
«
Reply #13 on:
August 24, 2016, 08:30:50 AM »
Oh wow....what would you recommend to use there? I used vaal dam bom, oozers (white chocolate, garlic, almond and brown bread)
Logged
WalkersKiller
Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
Ultimate Champ
Posts: 7417
Cred: 366
Gender:
Conservation First!
Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Gilloolys Farm and Olifantsfontein Cable Dam
«
Reply #14 on:
August 24, 2016, 08:40:49 AM »
We always used plain supercast, vanilla essence or fx dip (We didnt always use dip), and then plain floaties with banana dough backing...
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
»
FRESHWATER ANGLING
»
FW Hotspots/locations
»
Gilloolys Farm and Olifantsfontein Cable Dam
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal