0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Guys,I just had confirmation that I'll be in the Primeiras and Segundas islands (northern Mozambique, offshore Angoche) from 7-20 Oct doing a coral reef survey. We'll be leaving and diving off a 45 ft cat, hopping from one to the next island.These islands (10), are located 7-10 nm from the mainland. Within "spitting" distance, one is in 500 m of water. So this is billfish, GT, wahoo, dorado, etc country! Apart from all the diving and researching I'll try to do as much fishing as possible !!! I'll take a trolling rig (50 lb and lots of my DIY lures) and a spinning/jigging rig (150 g Kingfisher poseidon rod with a Daiwa BG60 with braid) for light jigging and spooning...I know I won't have internet connection but will try to keep you guys updated via my blackberry...So watch this space!CheersPS:oh yes... I'll get paid to do it!
Hating you right now, the only reason I am not writing you of as a friend is because of walla and halbeak supplies!!!
I can only dream!
Day 2 & 3 ReportWe went to Mafamede Is. and could not work. Strong SE winds lifted sediments and the vis is 1 m. We decided to move south and spent the night in Ndjovo is. Had 2 rods out in the way. One with a blue/white pulsator wahoo exciter and the other with a red head rapala magnum. Did not get a bite.Went for a dive this morning around Ndjovo is. Vis was 0.5 m! Wind still blowing. Moving south to Epidendron is. in the Primeiras (about 5 h). Hopefully the vis will improve there. Got my lines out. Need to catch some fish and have sashimi!!Let's see what happens in the next few hours...
On our way back. The Primeiras islands treated us well although the wind never stoped. Got some fish (kingies, snoek, couta) and the diving was world class! More later...