Author Topic: Letsibogo Dam Botswana  (Read 9688 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline dodger

  • always willing to help
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1736
  • Cred: 164
  • Gender: Male
  • poverty is hereditary, you get it from your kids
  • Location: Alberton Gauteng
Letsibogo Dam Botswana
« on: November 21, 2015, 09:19:12 PM »
Just finished the first week on site at palapye in Botswana, and we have tomorrow off, so I'm going on spec to Phokojoe bush lodge tomorrrow with a view to fishing next Sunday
when I die, may my wife not sell my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it... and I have bought more, a severe case of TA

Offline dodger

  • always willing to help
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1736
  • Cred: 164
  • Gender: Male
  • poverty is hereditary, you get it from your kids
  • Location: Alberton Gauteng
Re: Letsibogo Dam Botswana
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 05:33:59 PM »
I went to the dam today, well almost. I struggled to find a way in apart from finding the dam wall, but I have met up with a chap who will organise for next Sunday so that's a positive, on the sad side I picked up a speeding fine leaving Selibe Phikwe, how can you speed in an 18 year old Pajero  :dunno:
when I die, may my wife not sell my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it... and I have bought more, a severe case of TA

Offline Prego

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2880
  • Cred: 167
  • Gender: Male
  • Because I said so
  • Location: Glenvista, Johannesburg
Re: Letsibogo Dam Botswana
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 05:56:03 PM »
 :hehe: I feel your pain Dodger.  If it wasn't for that chap that does the boat rentals we would of never found the boat launch site as there are no signs and it's a tricky road in and out. As for the fines we got one too with the traffic police coming towards us using a radar while moving in the opposite direction. :cnfzd.

If you need I can send you Gordon the boat rental guys number he will meet you .
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 05:56:49 PM by Prego »

Offline dodger

  • always willing to help
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1736
  • Cred: 164
  • Gender: Male
  • poverty is hereditary, you get it from your kids
  • Location: Alberton Gauteng
Re: Letsibogo Dam Botswana
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 06:27:42 PM »
:hehe: I feel your pain Dodger.  If it wasn't for that chap that does the boat rentals we would of never found the boat launch site as there are no signs and it's a tricky road in and out. As for the fines we got one too with the traffic police coming towards us using a radar while moving in the opposite direction. :cnfzd .

If you need I can send you Gordon the boat rental guys number he will meet you .


Thanks Paulo, we ended up having some lunch in the Spur at the Syringa Lodge and I spoke to the manager and he gave me a Gordons phone number and we had a chat, I will call him during the week to make arrangements, so on the fishing side I'm looking forward to it.
It is about an hour and a half to Selibe Phikwe for me so I will leave at sun up and hopefully miss all the donkeys, cows and goats.


What lures did you use and what was successful?





when I die, may my wife not sell my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it... and I have bought more, a severe case of TA

Offline Prego

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2880
  • Cred: 167
  • Gender: Male
  • Because I said so
  • Location: Glenvista, Johannesburg
Re: Letsibogo Dam Botswana
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 07:09:33 PM »
Ok great.
We got a few on cranks in the open water and most on 8' senko in pumpkin green fished still up against the trees . So cast up against the tree let it sink. Let it sit for 5-10 seconds and lift the rod and on you on. If you get no bite,move onto the next tree.

Go to the islands on the left of the launch first and work cranks and spinners if quiet fish the trees next to the islands with the senkos etc
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 07:10:47 PM by Prego »

Offline dodger

  • always willing to help
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1736
  • Cred: 164
  • Gender: Male
  • poverty is hereditary, you get it from your kids
  • Location: Alberton Gauteng
Re: Letsibogo Dam Botswana
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 07:50:38 PM »
Ok great.
We got a few on cranks in the open water and most on 8' senko in pumpkin green fished still up against the trees . So cast up against the tree let it sink. Let it sit for 5-10 seconds and lift the rod and on you on. If you get no bite,move onto the next tree.

Go to the islands on the left of the launch first and work cranks and spinners if quiet fish the trees next to the islands with the senkos etc


Thanks Paulo, much appreciated
when I die, may my wife not sell my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it... and I have bought more, a severe case of TA

Offline colin

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 752
  • Cred: 13
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kelland , Randburg
Re: Letsibogo Dam Botswana
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 08:35:44 PM »
Good luck next week. On our last Botswana trip our group had some very questionable fines, wonder what the statistical chance is of 3/5 cars in our group being caught at 91kmph a few min apart swr ?? :dunno:
My wife allows me to keep all the fishing tackle I can hide.

Offline Webbrent

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 19
  • Cred: 2
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Johannesburg
Re: Letsibogo Dam Botswana
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 10:40:27 AM »
Hey Dodger,


The launch Co-ordinates are -21.840686, 27.73702 [/size][size=78%]Which takes you to the old yacht club.[/size]


We were there last in 2012, but we managed some awesome fish, of which consisted of two giants of 6,06kg and 7,03kg Largemouth Bass.


Deep Divers, Spinnerbaits and High Floating soft plastics did the tricks for us...

Offline dodger

  • always willing to help
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1736
  • Cred: 164
  • Gender: Male
  • poverty is hereditary, you get it from your kids
  • Location: Alberton Gauteng
Re: Letsibogo Dam Botswana
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 05:17:25 PM »
I phoned Gordon and we have a trip on Sunday morning coming up, looking forward to that I must admit :happ:
when I die, may my wife not sell my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it... and I have bought more, a severe case of TA

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal