0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
I managed to pick up this Queenfish this week at St Lucia. In front of the estuary mouth. My first one and first real fish caught on a lure besides Shad on spoon and wave garrick on drop shot and fly. Was on an exceler plus 3000 and 8ft diawa exceler rod.
Quote from: bowsalekta on January 13, 2018, 10:36:32 AMI managed to pick up this Queenfish this week at St Lucia. In front of the estuary mouth. My first one and first real fish caught on a lure besides Shad on spoon and wave garrick on drop shot and fly. Was on an exceler plus 3000 and 8ft diawa exceler rod.Well done man! Those queenfish are such lovely fish to catch. I am really keen to catch a big specimen, hopefully soon!
Quote from: Steenie on January 13, 2018, 11:21:32 AMQuote from: bowsalekta on January 13, 2018, 10:36:32 AMI managed to pick up this Queenfish this week at St Lucia. In front of the estuary mouth. My first one and first real fish caught on a lure besides Shad on spoon and wave garrick on drop shot and fly. Was on an exceler plus 3000 and 8ft diawa exceler rod.Well done man! Those queenfish are such lovely fish to catch. I am really keen to catch a big specimen, hopefully soon!Thank you. Was a great fish to catch. Nice explosion on the take and a big jump when hooked. They fight hard. I'm sure a big specimen will give a great account for itself. It took it on a quick jerk retrieve. I haven't had much luck on any of the Iron candy type lures but this did the trick.
Hi Steenie. I believe it is an Onda by Maria?? if I can remember. I stand to to be corrected but I haven't bought the CiD version yet. Correction it's The Onda by the kingfisher