0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
Awesome Mr if you are interested in starting your own classes with artificial lures I'll be the first to enroll.
Hi guys After reading this awesome thread I'd like to know how you decide on the type of setup you are going to fish. Obviously this is condition dependent so do you go to the beach with 2 x different setups? I.e a Slow shore setup and and a spintning setup or drop shot setup? If you are going with 2 setups are you using a backpack with a rod holder? Or is this all decided the night before based on weather apps etc?
Thanks Steenie. Makes sense and was looking at these type bags today. I see your main go to rod is a 10'6. I also had a look at the Diawa BG spin rods today. Option of 10'6 or 11'6 30-70gr. Have you had any experience with these? 11'6 too long for spinning?
Thanks Steenie. Always full of good advice. I unfortunately cant PM yet on this site. I'll have to do a bit more digging on the web. First prize would be to bite the bullet and get the Majorcraft N1 but with budget constraints I also have to get my son a setup too. So was thinking of the BG series as 1 setup and a Technium 9'10 as a second option for more slow jig and lighter use that my son can use and manage for the time being all for under the cost of the N1.
Quote from: bowsalekta on July 24, 2020, 08:40:33 PMThanks Steenie. Makes sense and was looking at these type bags today. I see your main go to rod is a 10'6. I also had a look at the Diawa BG spin rods today. Option of 10'6 or 11'6 30-70gr. Have you had any experience with these? 11'6 too long for spinning?My one mate uses the Daiwa BG spinning rod and he catches some very good fish with it. If you PM me I can send you his cellphone number if you want a first-hand review. 10.6 ft is great option. I would certainly not go longer than 11 ft. The longer the rod, the more difficult it becomes to get proper action out of the lures, unless it is straightforward steady retrieve style. Another advantage of having two setups with you is that if the fish are around and you get reefed or get stuck and breaks off, you can just grab the second setup and continue. No need to try and tie new knots with shaking hands!
Quote from: Steenie on July 25, 2020, 10:22:54 AMQuote from: bowsalekta on July 24, 2020, 08:40:33 PMThanks Steenie. Makes sense and was looking at these type bags today. I see your main go to rod is a 10'6. I also had a look at the Diawa BG spin rods today. Option of 10'6 or 11'6 30-70gr. Have you had any experience with these? 11'6 too long for spinning?My one mate uses the Daiwa BG spinning rod and he catches some very good fish with it. If you PM me I can send you his cellphone number if you want a first-hand review. 10.6 ft is great option. I would certainly not go longer than 11 ft. The longer the rod, the more difficult it becomes to get proper action out of the lures, unless it is straightforward steady retrieve style. Another advantage of having two setups with you is that if the fish are around and you get reefed or get stuck and breaks off, you can just grab the second setup and continue. No need to try and tie new knots with shaking hands!Hi SteenieI've been following your thread and learned some very useful techniques from you. Many thanks for sharing! I too have left my 11ft Penn Regiment in favour of the 10ft Loomis Archipelago as it is lighter and handles 21-60gr lures amazingly well. I don't really have a compelling reason to throw heavier lures and most of the time settle on 40-50gr tin, so the Archipelago is in it's element.I understand your love for the MajorCraft rods action - but curious if you have ever tried the 10ft Loomis Archipelago? Really just curious to know how it compares to your MajorCraft rods - if its suitable for slow pitch jigging. Regards,
Sorted! Great Catch!