Ok so the Sunday morning started a little slower than planned after prepping Saturday
It was a miserable cloudy start but I wanted to go. I collect the Friend Mike at 6am and off we went
We arrived and paid for the day by 7am. After looking around we decided that we could make it over the river to go fish.
Lines in and the first beer open.
We were fishing with three rods and different bait.
One with maggots and sweet corn
Second with Tiger nuts and worm
Third with Bacon(Mr Whiskers)
I then decided to go collect the umbrella as the rain was threatening again. When coming back Mike who drinks and not fishes was trying to play a fish but had no idea as to the first thing to do so lost that one
Bait up and back in. Sit down and he is all over the place as to what just happened, Me im laughing and explaining what he must do in future. I’m also telling him how a Barbel takes on occasion.
Laugh joke and splash
[size=78%]WTF where the bacon rod nooo it’s in the water. Without thinking like a champion he is he follows it and so do I(it’s my new rod). Find it stuck in waist deep water he retrieves it and gives it to me game on[/size]Fight it for a few minutes and get Mr. W in the Landing net unhook and released. I’m chuffed and so is mike. Time to dry and both the other rods are off
[/size]Fish on[size=78%]. Quick fight and we both land and released Bass. Never expected them in the pond with carp and Barbel. Went dead with the dark sky so we sat till lunch and headed home. 3 Confirmed fish and one lost had a blast
I have converted a drinker to a fisherman and he can’t wait till we go again he has called asking twice already