Author
Topic: SHIMANO TRINIDAD 30 Service and maintenance tutorial  (Read 7935 times)

Offline REEFMAN

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 753
Re: SHIMANO TRINIDAD 30 Service and maintenance tutorial
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2018, 12:19:44 pm »
Hi Reefman

Was having a hassle with the anti reverse system and have just finished putting it all together with a new anti reverse bearing.
One problem I couldn't comprehend was the anti reverse pawl not engaging when I put the reel back together, it's a new one too.
I think the problem stems from the pawl retainer being put back incorrectly. Then the main gear pushes on the pawl retainer insodoing preventing the dog from barking/ functioning.
Have a good look at your photo's- the first one, during dismantling shows the sharp end/point of the retainer pointing inwards towards the         "centre" of the reel and then during reassembly the pawl is replaced with a different orientation and this orientation can interfere with the main gear resulting in a failure of the mechanism.
I could be wrong but think the correct orientation keeps the retainer well out of the main gears way.
All for now, cheers from Capetown
Yes you're right. The Pawl Retainer should point off to the centre of the reel, not like it is in the re-assembly picture.

Now is not a good time to go fishing... said nobody... EVER!!

#QAnon   
#TheGreatAwakening

Offline forensic

• Cred: 1
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2018, 11:25:32 pm »
Ja, thanks Reefman, we couldn't work out what the hassle was- till now.
In the tut you remove the internal mech of the ARB and not the whole unit itself. What is the story on the ARB  bearings?
Will it function with some light grease or oil to keep the salt away? Leaving it dry bugs me @ R220 a pop.
What's your take on their maintain- nnsse? Sorry can't spell that word.
Cheers 

Offline REEFMAN

• Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 753
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2018, 07:30:14 am »
So AR Bearings they don't like grease, this will cause them to slip and fail.
What I do is to put a drop of oil on the bearing, then spread it around with the tip of my pinky finger. Then just slip some tissue in and wipe away excess. That protects them pretty well.

Now is not a good time to go fishing... said nobody... EVER!!

#QAnon   
#TheGreatAwakening