Author Topic: Fish finder cable contacts repair  (Read 5642 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline VISGRAAT

  • Witblits 430
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 53
  • Cred: 1
  • Gender: Male
  • Why be ordinary when you are born to be GREAT
  • Location: Centurion , Pretoria
Fish finder cable contacts repair
« on: August 13, 2013, 01:52:03 PM »
Hi, does any one know how to repair the contacts on a fish finder cable ?. On the cable where it plugs onto your fish finder I have one pin that has corroded away. Is there any way to repair it, I have a Lawrence fish finder.
I would rather regret something that I never did than regret something that I did do...

Offline CLS

  • Born to fish forced to work.
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1700
  • Cred: 114
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durban - KZN
Re: Fish finder cable contacts repair
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 02:04:47 PM »
Your best bet would be to go to Lowrance direct, they are very helpfull here in Durban.
A bad days fishing is better than sitting at home moping.

Offline VISGRAAT

  • Witblits 430
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 53
  • Cred: 1
  • Gender: Male
  • Why be ordinary when you are born to be GREAT
  • Location: Centurion , Pretoria
Re: Fish finder cable contacts repair
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 09:27:42 PM »
Hi, thank you but I tried that. They are very helpful, but suggested that I buy a new transducer cable....R800 or so. A entry level fishfinder will cost me around R900 new....but I like my Lawrence.
Also, I fish of a kayak and my transducer is glued to the inside of the hull....I don't want to rp it out.
I would rather regret something that I never did than regret something that I did do...

Offline Parasite

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 191
  • Cred: 22
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Waterfall
Re: Fish finder cable contacts repair
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 09:42:20 AM »
I had one of the pins broken off at the back of the fishfinder unit. Took it into Lowrence here in Durban, told me it was unrepairable and I would need to purchase a  new Unit.
A contact in a computer repair shop suggested I take it to "Clives TV Repairs" here in Hillcrest (Heritige Market, Old Main Road) Durban. Guy looked at it, wasnt too sure, but said he would try, but they were very busy at the time and I should leave it with them. Phoned me 2 weeks later and said the pin had been replaced. Cost me R60. Guy there said it was a very simple task to replace it. There number is 031 - 7652986

Offline VISGRAAT

  • Witblits 430
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 53
  • Cred: 1
  • Gender: Male
  • Why be ordinary when you are born to be GREAT
  • Location: Centurion , Pretoria
Re: Fish finder cable contacts repair
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 10:06:10 AM »
100% thank you I will try that......that is more like it thank you
I would rather regret something that I never did than regret something that I did do...

Offline Ski Scout

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 14
  • Cred: 0
  • Location: Durban
Re: Fish finder cable contacts repair
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 12:44:30 PM »
I repair the pins , and the pins only

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal