0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
H
Awesome choice Aslam... many of us are using the Exceler rods for light tackle spinning. Don't know anyone who is unhappy. They are great rods.
All of the guys I know who have them have had to replace eyes soon after purchase. the inserts all pop out. Much like the older exage's
I have one somewhere personally I prefer my Aerocast for some reason my braid snapped a lot during casts and also fouled the eyes a lot. It was a lot cheaper than the equivalent Aerocast though but I still found it very frustrating, so much so that I packed it away and haven't used it since. I'm trying out the Assassin Amia 11ft on my trip to Sri Lanka and when I get back home hoping for some garrick.
Quote from: Cam Mundy on June 30, 2013, 02:21:32 PMI have one somewhere personally I prefer my Aerocast for some reason my braid snapped a lot during casts and also fouled the eyes a lot. It was a lot cheaper than the equivalent Aerocast though but I still found it very frustrating, so much so that I packed it away and haven't used it since. I'm trying out the Assassin Amia 11ft on my trip to Sri Lanka and when I get back home hoping for some garrick.Hi Cam MundyWhat do you think of the Assassin Amia 11ft ?
Hi Carl I fished with it for the first time today blanked unfortunately so I can't tell you how it handles fish but I can tell you its throws a GT icecrean! Spoons and small stickbaits into the stratosphere. I have the lighter of the two that's rated to throw up to 40gr I tried a few heavier lures up to 60gr and although it oversaturated the rod they still got way out there. I paired it with a 8K and a 5K Shimano with PE2 and 4 and the distance I was casting was about the same but probably more in favour of the 5K. The RnS guys on UA probably would have laughed at my efforts as I'm more used to throwing 200gr lures from boats but I was loving it! Quote from: carll on July 03, 2013, 01:22:34 AMQuote from: Cam Mundy on June 30, 2013, 02:21:32 PMI have one somewhere personally I prefer my Aerocast for some reason my braid snapped a lot during casts and also fouled the eyes a lot. It was a lot cheaper than the equivalent Aerocast though but I still found it very frustrating, so much so that I packed it away and haven't used it since. I'm trying out the Assassin Amia 11ft on my trip to Sri Lanka and when I get back home hoping for some garrick.Hi Cam MundyWhat do you think of the Assassin Amia 11ft ?
Thanks Carl I'm here in the middle of the monsoon so not much chance of any major action Anura did manage a nice little geet on 20lb tackle yesterday though.