Author
Topic: Bwana's guide to building a flash teaser for gamefish  (Read 5564 times)

Offline Bwana

• Ultimate Hero
  • Cred: 206
  • Deep Blue Addict
Re: Bwana's guide to building a flash teaser for gamefish
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 10:45:00 am »
@Michael - quite right, it is a teaser and works best while stationary either on the anchor or on the drift. I attach the teaser to a 10m section of 100lb mono with a snap swivel on the end. I usually let the teaser down to a depth between 3-10m depending on the depth of water I am fishing and secure the main line to the roll bar on the transom with a carabiner clip. The nice thing with the teaser below the boat is that it doesn't interfere with the baits you deploy, you just need a crew member to pull it in while you are fighting a fish to avoid tangles. The flash teaser doesn't have any hooks on it so you don't bait it in any way.

It CAN also be trolled behind the boat on a slow troll or faster troll but then I'd recommend heavier duty discs like stainless steel. Ryan Williamson from Pulsator sells a very similar flasher teaser that they pull for Marlin at 8-12 knots and he swears it works like a bomb. Again it is clipped to the 100lb mono and let out into the propwash and secured to the transom.

Offline Capt. Hook

• Simple Fisherman
  • Ultimate Champ
  • Cred: 335
  • www.bluewatercharters.co.za
Re: Bwana's guide to building a flash teaser for gamefish
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 04:15:53 pm »
Very good TUT  :+ cred:
BLUE WATER CHARTERS DURBAN - Marlin, Tuna and Big Game Fishing - www.bluewatercharters.co.za

ADVENTURE FISHING SAFARIS - Tiger Fish, Bass and Estuary Fishing - www.adventurefishing.co.za