Author Topic: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies  (Read 16557 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« on: August 15, 2010, 08:28:01 PM »
Well, it's getting warmer and it's almost time to start doing the shuffle in the rapids again. I've tying to stock up my boxes before the season starts and I thought I'd post some of the flies here. They are nothing fancy but they've worked well for me in the past. Enjoy and feel free to post pics of what works for you.

Andrew
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 08:29:59 PM »
A few more . . .
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 08:32:05 PM »
and more . . .
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 08:34:24 PM »
and more . . .
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 08:36:23 PM »
and finally . . .
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline jaenswart

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 08:42:16 PM »
a great selection indeed. Was on my farm last weekend, still no smy. Sure they will arrive in 2 or 3 weeks time, then the fun begins

Offline Searaider

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 290
  • Cred: 37
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Randburg Gauteng
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 08:48:34 PM »
Awesome selection  :thmsup"

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 06:13:07 AM »
Thanks guys. These flies in a few different sizes/weights and colours pretty much covers all my SM yellow nymphing. Jaen, where abouts is your farm, on what river?
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 12:03:36 PM »
Well, it's getting warmer and it's almost time to start doing the shuffle in the rapids again. I've tying to stock up my boxes before the season starts and I thought I'd post some of the flies here. They are nothing fancy but they've worked well for me in the past. Enjoy and feel free to post pics of what works for you.

Andrew


Nice flies Andrew! (wipes drool off screen) Nothing fancy my :cens!! Those are beauts man, can i place an order? I'm thinking that perhaps we should organise a little tying session again? :beer: :craz:

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 12:27:33 PM »
How about a little "information session" as well ???

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 12:29:56 PM »
Thanks Rory. A tying session sounds like a great idea although I will need to make another trip to Drayman's first . . .  :beer: :beer: :beer:
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline schloshd1

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 278
  • Cred: 31
  • Location: Kelvin, Jozi
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 12:32:04 PM »
How about a little "information session" as well ???

Open beer, sip, swallow, repeat.  w;k
I'm a weekend drinker, I start on Saturday and end on Friday - Bill Hicks

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 12:38:01 PM »
Open beer, sip, swallow, repeat.  w;k


LOL, too late, got my Phd in that ! w;k

Offline Poenskop

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 455
  • Cred: 35
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Elizabeth
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 12:52:34 PM »
Awesome looking flies there Andrew. I vote for a tying session :beer: :beer: :happ:

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 02:02:25 PM »
How about a little "information session" as well ???

What info you want Homes?  :pot:

..... A tying session sounds like a great idea although I will need to make another trip to Drayman's first . . .  :beer: :beer: :beer:
..... I vote for a tying session :beer: :beer: :happ:...

Okay let me get some dates sorted and we'll make a plan.  w;k My Vaal flies are at an all time low as well. :vio

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 02:22:26 PM »
What info ??? Flyfishing 101 !

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 02:30:47 PM »
What info ??? Flyfishing 101 !

Aaaah OK. From the end of the month we should be hitting the Vaal regularly, you keen to come along? fshng2

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 02:32:58 PM »
For sure !

Just need a rod and reel to practise with !

Offline Rory

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1270
  • Cred: 175
  • Gender: Male
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 02:37:14 PM »
No worries, I've got a spare for you to use, besides there isn't much casting involved, lots of close in fishing. w;k

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Smallmouth Yellowfish Flies
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 05:09:54 PM »
Those are some awesome flies!!!

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal