As usual every year we try to schedule a weekend out of Luanda around my father in law birthday.
This year we decided to have it on Lobito at South Angola, his birthday is Monday and I decided to call Juca from Lobito team Dorado and try to schedule a day fishing.
I told Juca that allthough my father in law fished most of his life he never caught a billfish and it would be great if on his 68 birthday we could provide that.
7H30 in the morning and after conferencing tactic with the guys we left Lobito port, after a couple of miles the guys layed out their usual spread.

I picked up my casting rod and went to the bow of the boat, the idea was if I saw anything I could try lure it onto the spread or eventually catch a fish or two.

We trolled around between the 100 and 200 meter depth line, got a Sail on the spread but could not entice him to bite.
After some more time a Marlin actually on for about 20/30 seconds and the spit out the lure.
Asked the guys to turn South and locate the river debris line and at least we could take some Dorado and eventually a Sailfish.
On the debris line we got some nice action I got some Dorado casting others would go straight to the trolling spread or were attracted to it by the casted lure.
Some trolling

Some casting



Took some for the pan and actually cooked (fryed) one at the boat that we all enjoyed

Action went on until the afternoon, sudently we saw a floating tree log and trolled around it, after geting some more Dorado there I saw something on the water and asked the skipper to try go around it a couple more times.
And it happened, a nice Sailfish for the 68 year old birthday boy, here some pics.



Finally his first billfish!!

After that we went back to Lobito port , on arrival the birthday boy was baptized (thrown into water)

Team photo

And out of the boat, I love when a plan comes right, thanks Kianda for a great day
