Author Topic: Boat Licences  (Read 5168 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline JohnnyD

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: East London, Eastern Cape
Boat Licences
« on: September 04, 2015, 09:11:21 AM »
I just recently bought a new river boat. It is a 14"6' cabin boat with a 65 HP motor. I had the survey done and went to buy the licence for the local rivers ( East London). I was horrified when they want to charge me R1400 for a licence for the year  :-( .

This is only for the the local rivers Nahoon, Gonubie, Buffallo etc. If I want to go to Kei or Fish river then I still need a day permit as well.

Even to licence a car to drive on any road is R600 -R 800. I think this is a total rip off  :unhap

What do they charge in other areas?

Offline FishStyx

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 3007
  • Cred: 51
  • Gender: Male
  • I fish, therefore I am.
  • Location: Louist Trichardt, Limpopo
Re: Boat Licences
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 09:31:54 AM »
I had no idea that there was even such a thing... I've been boating for years up in Limpopo and also down in the E.Cape (but not in the last 3 years in the E.Cape) and have never paid a licence.  :shk
Forgive me Father for I have spinned... It's been three weeks since my last cob session.

Offline iNdlovu

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Boat Licences
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 12:30:23 PM »
Sounds like a massive rip off to me. Who do you pay the license to?

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal