Author Topic: D.I.Y Bait Holders  (Read 5637 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline whalerider

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 137
  • Cred: 20
  • Gender: Male
  • CLB Customz - Rod Refurbs and Customising
  • Location: cape town
D.I.Y Bait Holders
« on: April 23, 2014, 05:44:47 PM »
 
A Short tutorial ….Hope it helps !
 
Been a avid reef scratcher for galjoen and kolstert i had time today to construct a pair of bait holders for my application, redbait and white mussel being the two baits in mind this is what I came up with...
 
Material used :
 
2 x plastic containers with lids
Dacron
PVC Pipe
Angle Grinder or hacksaw

 
 
The opening and closing of the bait holder when rebaiting I always seem to be losing a lid if not closed properly . so pierce a small hole in the lid and container with a heated needle , lace dacron through and knot both sides , this preventing it from breaking off

 
Dare to be great..or you never will be.

Offline whalerider

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 137
  • Cred: 20
  • Gender: Male
  • CLB Customz - Rod Refurbs and Customising
  • Location: cape town
Re: D.I.Y Bait Holders
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 05:46:54 PM »
Measure a piece of pvc pipe the same size and cut off also cutting a it vertical so that it opens to accommodate the bait holder , lightly slit 2 grooves  on the back side of the pipe making place for a belt to go through.
What you will have now is 2 quick release bait holders  that can easily be rinsed or refilled with bait without taking off your belt .
Note that the diameter of pvc pipe is smaller enabling the plastic holders to fit snug !
Dare to be great..or you never will be.

Offline whalerider

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 137
  • Cred: 20
  • Gender: Male
  • CLB Customz - Rod Refurbs and Customising
  • Location: cape town
Re: D.I.Y Bait Holders
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 05:47:54 PM »
more pics
Dare to be great..or you never will be.

Offline isivuba

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1671
  • Cred: 265
  • Gender: Male
  • Work pays for the fishing trips
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: D.I.Y Bait Holders
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 05:57:07 PM »
Now this is clever and thanks for sharing  :+ cred:

Offline Inkvis

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 85
  • Cred: 1
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pretoria
Re: D.I.Y Bait Holders
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 06:09:36 PM »
Whale Rider you legend!! :+ cred: :+ cred: :+ cred:  Thanks a mil for sharing! 

Offline John F

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6563
  • Cred: 522
  • Gender: Male
  • Virtus et Honos
  • Location: Maputo - Mozambique
Re: D.I.Y Bait Holders
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 07:11:07 PM »
Love it! :+ cred:
Acecraft 660 DV
Yeld cat 19 (Sold)
Gemini 520 Crusader (Sold)

Offline Willie

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2033
  • Cred: 237
  • Gender: Male
  • Ultimate Novice
  • Location: Nelspruit Mpumalanga
Re: D.I.Y Bait Holders
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 07:13:42 PM »
Well done  (clap) :+ cred:
The worst day fishing is better than the best day at office

Offline MIKE PIKE

  • Ultimate Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3886
  • Cred: 196
  • Gender: Male
Re: D.I.Y Bait Holders
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 07:26:12 PM »
Now thats a thinking out the box idea..  (clap) .

Offline Lenny

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2529
  • Cred: 124
  • Gender: Male
  • Catch and Release
  • Location: Struisbaai
Re: D.I.Y Bait Holders
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 08:01:44 PM »
Lekker Warick !


You can drop the PVC , if you use Custard Bottles , you just put a cable tie around them . and another one Vertically .



Self catering , family accommodation available  in Struisbaai . Contact Leon 0780394225

Offline whalerider

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 137
  • Cred: 20
  • Gender: Male
  • CLB Customz - Rod Refurbs and Customising
  • Location: cape town
Re: D.I.Y Bait Holders
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 12:02:18 PM »
Thanks Gents
Dare to be great..or you never will be.

Offline m4kes

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 41
  • Cred: 1
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: PE
Re: D.I.Y Bait Holders
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 10:31:22 PM »
Nice one, easy to make. Thanks

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal