0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Thats a bummer on the line parting, what where the water temps out there Mike?
why did the line part?
nice one Mike, terrible to be forced to catch YFT. Were did you get them?
Quote from: shagnrelease on August 28, 2012, 11:09:50 AMwhy did the line part?Bad Bimini on my part.........
Quote from: Fishing Adventures on August 28, 2012, 11:35:06 AMQuote from: shagnrelease on August 28, 2012, 11:09:50 AMwhy did the line part?Bad Bimini on my part......... Maybe you need to go the Aussie Plait route for Marlin?
Quote from: REEFMAN on August 28, 2012, 12:19:12 PMQuote from: Fishing Adventures on August 28, 2012, 11:35:06 AMQuote from: shagnrelease on August 28, 2012, 11:09:50 AMwhy did the line part?Bad Bimini on my part......... Maybe you need to go the Aussie Plait route for Marlin? First time its happened, will just pay more attention.
SATURDAYThis was a trip to look for a big Shark, my guest even brought along his own Tiagra 80 to do battle as on a previous trip on another boat he hurt his hands on a big Shark using a KP Reel. We got going before 06h00 and made our way out to sea in very short and choppy waters with a stiff NE breeze. I put some feathers on to look for some Kawakawa to use as bait for the Shark, and I struggled because all we were getting was Yellowfin Tuna, after landing a few Yellowfin we eventually succeeded in finding a nice size Kawakawa of around 7Kg and then made our way to some Shark waters where we rigged the bait. Surprisingly we waited a long time before we got a Shark and then the fight ensued with my guest doing battle with a very large Black Tip Shark. We eventually got the beast to the boat after about an hour, and I removed the hooks, as we were about to take a pic I lost my footing in the very choppy sea and dropped the beast.I had a trip for that night but had to cancel when a heavy SW buster came through. SUNDAYThis was a family trip, by the time I had got out of port the two little guys were fast asleep leaving Mom and Dad to do all the fishing. The sea was flat and the current slow. I trolled some lines on our way out with no luck, and when we got to the reefs we started bottom fishing. We were rewarded with some good fish, a nice Mussel Cracker, some good Englishmen and some nice size Slinger. MONDAYThis was not a charter, I wanted to go out deep to see the conditions with some mates, we had a look at the canyons in some 2000m of water, and after 13.5hrs and some 320km we were rewarded with 2 Marlin strikes. The first one came at the boat so fast after about 10min I was not able to keep the line tight and we dropped him, the second one was about 4hrs later and the line parted after a few minutes.
Quote from: Fishing Adventures on August 28, 2012, 10:55:07 AM SATURDAYThis was a trip to look for a big Shark, my guest even brought along his own Tiagra 80 to do battle as on a previous trip on another boat he hurt his hands on a big Shark using a KP Reel. We got going before 06h00 and made our way out to sea in very short and choppy waters with a stiff NE breeze. I put some feathers on to look for some Kawakawa to use as bait for the Shark, and I struggled because all we were getting was Yellowfin Tuna, after landing a few Yellowfin we eventually succeeded in finding a nice size Kawakawa of around 7Kg and then made our way to some Shark waters where we rigged the bait. Surprisingly we waited a long time before we got a Shark and then the fight ensued with my guest doing battle with a very large Black Tip Shark. We eventually got the beast to the boat after about an hour, and I removed the hooks, as we were about to take a pic I lost my footing in the very choppy sea and dropped the beast.I had a trip for that night but had to cancel when a heavy SW buster came through.SUNDAYThis was a family trip, by the time I had got out of port the two little guys were fast asleep leaving Mom and Dad to do all the fishing. The sea was flat and the current slow. I trolled some lines on our way out with no luck, and when we got to the reefs we started bottom fishing. We were rewarded with some good fish, a nice Mussel Cracker, some good Englishmen and some nice size Slinger.MONDAYThis was not a charter, I wanted to go out deep to see the conditions with some mates, we had a look at the canyons in some 2000m of water, and after 13.5hrs and some 320km we were rewarded with 2 Marlin strikes. The first one came at the boat so fast after about 10min I was not able to keep the line tight and we dropped him, the second one was about 4hrs later and the line parted after a few minutes.Jeepers, 320kms where did you go, Port Shepstone?? How fast were you trolling? Well done on the Marlin pulls!
SATURDAYThis was a trip to look for a big Shark, my guest even brought along his own Tiagra 80 to do battle as on a previous trip on another boat he hurt his hands on a big Shark using a KP Reel. We got going before 06h00 and made our way out to sea in very short and choppy waters with a stiff NE breeze. I put some feathers on to look for some Kawakawa to use as bait for the Shark, and I struggled because all we were getting was Yellowfin Tuna, after landing a few Yellowfin we eventually succeeded in finding a nice size Kawakawa of around 7Kg and then made our way to some Shark waters where we rigged the bait. Surprisingly we waited a long time before we got a Shark and then the fight ensued with my guest doing battle with a very large Black Tip Shark. We eventually got the beast to the boat after about an hour, and I removed the hooks, as we were about to take a pic I lost my footing in the very choppy sea and dropped the beast.I had a trip for that night but had to cancel when a heavy SW buster came through.SUNDAYThis was a family trip, by the time I had got out of port the two little guys were fast asleep leaving Mom and Dad to do all the fishing. The sea was flat and the current slow. I trolled some lines on our way out with no luck, and when we got to the reefs we started bottom fishing. We were rewarded with some good fish, a nice Mussel Cracker, some good Englishmen and some nice size Slinger.MONDAYThis was not a charter, I wanted to go out deep to see the conditions with some mates, we had a look at the canyons in some 2000m of water, and after 13.5hrs and some 320km we were rewarded with 2 Marlin strikes. The first one came at the boat so fast after about 10min I was not able to keep the line tight and we dropped him, the second one was about 4hrs later and the line parted after a few minutes.
if you did not see the fish how did you know they were billies