Author Topic: Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.  (Read 13571 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline poonsammy

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: benoni gauteng
Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.
« on: February 11, 2013, 12:24:04 PM »
Hi Guys
How is Bronkies nature reserve fishing at the moment and how is the situation with the grass in the water.I have not fished there in years,what  are the best spots to fish?

Offline zkadir

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 86
  • Cred: 5
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Benoni, Gauteng
Re: Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 08:07:07 AM »
Hi Guys,

Has any been here recently? any updates on safety, cleanliness, ablutions facilities and most importantly, the fishing?

Many thanks
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.  ~Doug Larson

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 09:54:06 AM »
Last I heard about the nature reserve was in 2012 unfortunately... I know then there were huge Barbel that spooled a mate of mine on a weekly basis, Carp average size of around 2kgs I believe.

Offline zkadir

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 86
  • Cred: 5
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Benoni, Gauteng
Re: Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 12:58:33 PM »
Last I heard about the nature reserve was in 2012 unfortunately... I know then there were huge Barbel that spooled a mate of mine on a weekly basis, Carp average size of around 2kgs I believe.
Last I heard about the nature reserve was in 2012 unfortunately... I know then there were huge Barbel that spooled a mate of mine on a weekly basis, Carp average size of around 2kgs I believe.

Hi WK,

Thanks

Don't see much happening on the site anymore regarding the papgooi scene?
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.  ~Doug Larson

Offline WalkersKiller

  • Fish The Sea | Fish The Fly | Gareth Roocroft
  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 7417
  • Cred: 366
  • Gender: Male
  • Conservation First!
  • Location: Edenvale, Gauteng
Re: Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 01:24:09 PM »
No worries zk! Yeah, work has got me tied down. Only pap gooi'ed twice this year.

Offline zkadir

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 86
  • Cred: 5
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Benoni, Gauteng
Re: Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 01:53:58 PM »
Yeah, I know the feeling! at least you did 1 better than me so far this year !

Scored a bumper December/January in Richards Bay off the dolices. But nothing doing with the dams this year!

Having withdrawal symptoms and ready to take on the cold weather, might try something this weekend.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.  ~Doug Larson

Offline Willie

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2033
  • Cred: 237
  • Gender: Male
  • Ultimate Novice
  • Location: Nelspruit Mpumalanga
Re: Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 01:58:36 PM »
I am going to gooi some  :mili:  at the Ngodwana dam close to Nelspruit. The weather is going to good up there so will see if I can get some barbel.
The worst day fishing is better than the best day at office

Offline zkadir

  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 86
  • Cred: 5
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Benoni, Gauteng
Re: Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 02:10:08 PM »
 :tite Willie, get the  :sreel:
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.  ~Doug Larson

Offline Willie

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 2033
  • Cred: 237
  • Gender: Male
  • Ultimate Novice
  • Location: Nelspruit Mpumalanga
Re: Bronkhorstspruit nature reserve.
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 02:14:01 PM »
Thanks have been trying the dams around Pretoria but no success.
The worst day fishing is better than the best day at office

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal