Author Topic: Opinions/experiences with the Daiwa Exceller Saltwater Spinning rod.  (Read 8669 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Aslam Abraham

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 25
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: pmb kzn

Offline Shaun17

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1614
  • Cred: 262
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Durbs

Offline Aslam Abraham

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 25
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: pmb kzn
Re: Opinions/experiences with the Daiwa Exceller Saltwater Spinning rod.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 01:24:31 PM »
Rod no. EXSW1062XXXHFS
Rod Length. 10,6ft
Line weight 9 - 11kg
Lure weight 45-90grams
Hi guy,s appreciate your feed back, the rod would be paired with a Daiwa Exceller 4000Z.

Offline Cam Mundy

  • Offshore Spinning Enthusiast
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1178
  • Cred: 93
  • Gender: Male
  • Keep Casting!
  • Location: Papua New Gunea
Re: Opinions/experiences with the Daiwa Exceller Saltwater Spinning rod.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 02:21:32 PM »
I have one somewhere personally I prefer my Aerocast for some reason my braid snapped a lot during casts and also fouled the eyes a lot. It was a lot cheaper than the equivalent Aerocast though but I still found it very frustrating, so much so that I packed it away and haven't used it since. I'm trying out the Assassin Amia 11ft on my trip to Sri Lanka and when I get back home hoping for some garrick.

Offline REEFMAN

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 9766
  • Cred: 768
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Jozi
Re: Opinions/experiences with the Daiwa Exceller Saltwater Spinning rod.
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 06:08:23 PM »
Awesome choice Aslam... many of us are using the Exceler rods for light tackle spinning. Don't know anyone who is unhappy. They are great rods.



Offline Lichia amia

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Opinions/experiences with the Daiwa Exceller Saltwater Spinning rod.
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 07:56:55 AM »
Awesome choice Aslam... many of us are using the Exceler rods for light tackle spinning. Don't know anyone who is unhappy. They are great rods.

 
Second that !! Use mine for light scratching as well with a Seagate 3500.  Lekker little stokkie !!

Offline Rory mundy

  • Ultimate Champ
  • ****
  • Posts: 1762
  • Cred: 66
  • Gender: Male
  • vidalbum
  • Location: St Lucia
Re: Opinions/experiences with the Daiwa Exceller Saltwater Spinning rod.
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 08:28:45 AM »
i replace all the eyes on mine for bigger ones and love it for flicking off the boat and beach

vidalbum

Offline tkei

  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1226
  • Cred: 92
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Cape Town
Re: Opinions/experiences with the Daiwa Exceller Saltwater Spinning rod.
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 08:32:02 AM »
All of the guys I know who have them have had to replace eyes soon after purchase. the inserts all pop out. Much like the older exage's
 

Offline Homie

  • Retired
  • *
  • Posts: 0
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
Re: Opinions/experiences with the Daiwa Exceller Saltwater Spinning rod.
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 09:33:27 AM »
All of the guys I know who have them have had to replace eyes soon after purchase. the inserts all pop out. Much like the older exage's

These are the old excellors... the new ones have braid friendly eyes... no inserts.

I absolutely LOVE mine ! 10'6

I got an eva base for mine, no need for a rod bucket.

Its light, got great backbone as well

Offline carll

  • Spin a Holic
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 263
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
Re: Opinions/experiences with the Daiwa Exceller Saltwater Spinning rod.
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 01:22:34 AM »
I have one somewhere personally I prefer my Aerocast for some reason my braid snapped a lot during casts and also fouled the eyes a lot. It was a lot cheaper than the equivalent Aerocast though but I still found it very frustrating, so much so that I packed it away and haven't used it since. I'm trying out the Assassin Amia 11ft on my trip to Sri Lanka and when I get back home hoping for some garrick.

Hi Cam Mundy

What do you think of the Assassin Amia 11ft ?

Offline Aslam Abraham

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 25
  • Cred: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: pmb kzn
Re: Opinions/experiences with the Daiwa Exceller Saltwater Spinning rod.
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 11:41:46 PM »
Thanks for the responses guys.

Offline Cam Mundy

  • Offshore Spinning Enthusiast
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1178
  • Cred: 93
  • Gender: Male
  • Keep Casting!
  • Location: Papua New Gunea
Re: Opinions/experiences with the Daiwa Exceller Saltwater Spinning rod.
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 05:13:38 PM »
Hi Carl
I fished with it for the first time today blanked unfortunately so I can't tell you how it handles fish but I can tell you its throws a GT icecrean! Spoons and small stickbaits into the stratosphere. I have the lighter of the two that's rated to throw up to 40gr I tried a few heavier lures up to 60gr and although it oversaturated the rod they still got way out there. I paired it with a 8K and a 5K Shimano with PE2 and 4 and the distance I was casting was about the same but probably more in favour of the 5K. The RnS guys on UA probably would have laughed at my efforts as I'm more used to throwing 200gr lures from boats but I was loving it! 
 
I have one somewhere personally I prefer my Aerocast for some reason my braid snapped a lot during casts and also fouled the eyes a lot. It was a lot cheaper than the equivalent Aerocast though but I still found it very frustrating, so much so that I packed it away and haven't used it since. I'm trying out the Assassin Amia 11ft on my trip to Sri Lanka and when I get back home hoping for some garrick.

Hi Cam Mundy

What do you think of the Assassin Amia 11ft ?

Offline carll

  • Spin a Holic
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 263
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
Re: Opinions/experiences with the Daiwa Exceller Saltwater Spinning rod.
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 11:47:32 AM »
Hi Cam

Thanks for your reply.

You guys must enjoy your trip in Sri Lanka and you catch some big Fish !



Hi Carl
I fished with it for the first time today blanked unfortunately so I can't tell you how it handles fish but I can tell you its throws a GT icecrean! Spoons and small stickbaits into the stratosphere. I have the lighter of the two that's rated to throw up to 40gr I tried a few heavier lures up to 60gr and although it oversaturated the rod they still got way out there. I paired it with a 8K and a 5K Shimano with PE2 and 4 and the distance I was casting was about the same but probably more in favour of the 5K. The RnS guys on UA probably would have laughed at my efforts as I'm more used to throwing 200gr lures from boats but I was loving it! 
 
I have one somewhere personally I prefer my Aerocast for some reason my braid snapped a lot during casts and also fouled the eyes a lot. It was a lot cheaper than the equivalent Aerocast though but I still found it very frustrating, so much so that I packed it away and haven't used it since. I'm trying out the Assassin Amia 11ft on my trip to Sri Lanka and when I get back home hoping for some garrick.

Hi Cam Mundy

What do you think of the Assassin Amia 11ft ?

Offline Cam Mundy

  • Offshore Spinning Enthusiast
  • Ultimate member
  • ***
  • Posts: 1178
  • Cred: 93
  • Gender: Male
  • Keep Casting!
  • Location: Papua New Gunea
Re: Opinions/experiences with the Daiwa Exceller Saltwater Spinning rod.
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 04:19:36 PM »
Thanks Carl I'm here in the middle of the monsoon so not much chance of any major action Anura did manage a nice little geet on 20lb tackle yesterday though.

Offline carll

  • Spin a Holic
  • Senior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 263
  • Cred: 11
  • Gender: Male
Re: Opinions/experiences with the Daiwa Exceller Saltwater Spinning rod.
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 08:39:23 PM »
Great catch ! you guys give me " viskoors " because i'm a "SPIN A HOLIC"  :gt:


Thanks Carl I'm here in the middle of the monsoon so not much chance of any major action Anura did manage a nice little geet on 20lb tackle yesterday though.

 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal