ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => FW Fishing reports and Competitions => Topic started by: Gamkaboer on May 07, 2012, 07:59:23 AM

Title: Nature and Blank Fishing.....
Post by: Gamkaboer on May 07, 2012, 07:59:23 AM
So the past weekend me and 2 fellow fisherman went to Rust de Winter on Saturday and returned yesterday.

No fish were caught, but I had a good strike on a floatie with a worm and gave it a change and when I striked there was no fish attached.

During the night something took a worm and ran the reel down and well cut the line like a knife. ( This happened while we dozed away and I have not yet technologized to the new alarms.  :hehe:

Next morning had a great run on a mielie pit but again on the strike off...  :cry:

But I would re visit that dam again and again!!

The sceneries makes up for poor fishing!

PS

How is winter fishing there?  :hnthnt:


Title: Re: Nature and Blank Fishing.....
Post by: Gamkaboer on May 07, 2012, 08:00:23 AM
....
Title: Re: Nature and Blank Fishing.....
Post by: Lichia amia on May 07, 2012, 08:30:27 AM
Can’t win them all . Looks like a lekker place to fish . You’ll get them next time. Aanhouer wen !!!!
Title: Re: Nature and Blank Fishing.....
Post by: Zetti on May 07, 2012, 09:19:39 AM
RDW really is a beautiful dam. Had many a blank there but like you say the scenery makes up for it. Almost soiled myself bass fishing there once, I was throwing lures when the next moment about 5 hippos surfaced a few  meters from the boat. Let's just say I had a few too many "soft drinks" the previous night so I was a bit more nervous than usual, this woke me up though.
Title: Re: Nature and Blank Fishing.....
Post by: WalkersKiller on May 07, 2012, 11:18:54 AM
Great report  :shre:
Title: Re: Nature and Blank Fishing.....
Post by: deezynking on May 07, 2012, 12:15:02 PM
unlucky with the fish, all the best for your next trip
 :clfoto:
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal