ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

OFFSHORE ANGLING => Offshore Fishing Reports => Topic started by: Tsutsuma on July 30, 2010, 01:45:26 AM

Title: Clube Maritimo In House Friendly Comp
Post by: Tsutsuma on July 30, 2010, 01:45:26 AM
Clube Maritimo in House friendly Comp.
On Sunday 18th of July we at Clube Maritimo decided to have a In House Friendly Fishing Comp.
This was decided because our next Official Comp is only in November 2010.
So our "Energetic" Comodore - such a great guy - called for this friendly.
The rules were simple =
Unprotected bottom fish will have to be at least 1kg to weigh and will
count as 5 points per kg there after.
Game fish will have to weigh 5kg and will count as 1 point a kg.
No Bill Fish or sharks will count.
The boats that took part were :
 
Me & my crew members Ernest and his friend from Brazil Matheus - 1st time to the sea for matheus.
"Tsutsuma"
Our Comodore and his A Team on Edu's boat "Nakisai"
Danilo on "Dan Dan"
Paulo on "Kuna Matata"
Jasssin 7 Bino on "Cormora"
Richard on "Number 1"
 
We all paid 4200 MT in to a pot and who won will get 70%
Second place 30% of this total pot.
 
Starters gun went at 7am.
It was a stuuning flat sea day.
"Nakisai" took of with his twin 150 HP - 4 strokes at MAX and headed for Santa Maria to
hit Hells Gate and head south to Sao Joao reef.
 
The rest of us headed east and north.
I headed to my "Radio Actice" spot out 58km east.
 
As we had to get a good bottom - I knew what to do.
I wanted to get 1 or 2 good size bottoms and not catch bags full of bottoms as I do not like
catching bottoms for good reason.
 
When reaching my spot I put Ernest to work on his jigging rod with my
Malabard Candy Jig.
He had no success and I just managed at that time a few small Bluggers.
 
We started to look for our Yub Yub Bonnies and managed in a very short time to catch 4 of them.
Now you guys - just remember this 4 bonnies and you will understand why!!!!!!!!
 
I rigged the 1st Bonnie live and sent it down rigged at 40 meters in 58 meters water onmy RADIO ACTIVE spot.
Ernest was still jigging for a big bottom.
My live bonnie rigged started twitching and I knew something was "Investigating it"
 
Went of like a dream and a Prodical was welcomed aboard of +- 9kg.
We returned to the spot and after 3 downs Ernest went on HUGGGGGEEEEEEE!!
 
That landed our targeted Malabard of 27.8KG
I was very happy because now we are in the running and I gave up on targetting bottoms there and then
and get working on MAN fiashing for game fish.
 
The other 3 bonnies were dead and I rigged two for slow trolling.
I up one close and the other medium back and started my figure 8 over and over my
spot.
4th crossing of the figure 8 we were on on the medium length swim bait with the special rattle gadjed
I told you guys I use.
 
It ran of with the tell tale surface TURBO AFTER BURNER run of a Wahoo.
+- 3 minutes into the fight something went wrong and it gave up and I brought it in easy.
 
How the Tax man got to it - I would never know but only 1 third of a monster Wahoo came in bleeding like
anything.
Later this 1 third of my Wahoo weighed 13.2 kg
it could not count as it was set aside as incomplete.
But just look at what a stunning fish that was and would have been.
 
I still had the close third Bonnie good and set the last 4th bonnie out far on
my VSX 50 Penn Internation loaded with 100 pound Power Pro braid and  ANDY 100 pound top shot.
The rod is a Shimano Tiagra 50/80
 
We did our figure 8 thing and not long the close bonito took a huge hit.
The wahoo or serra just missed the back hook by a stupid mm and it was now tail less - "STUFFED"
 
So we had just the 4th and last Bonnie 20 meter back swimming just right on a 1000 rmp single motor.
 
I am at the time heading south  north when this my 50 VSX gave a short run.
We all look back but nothing showed where the bait was to be.
 
In a few seconds we saw the marlin grey hounding 10 meters from us in a notherly direction - the same heading our boat was pointing.
It was stunning to see it healighted in the sun with its dorsal fin pulled in flat in.
 
Then my 50 VSX came to sure life and the line started peeling of.
I grabbed the rod out of the rod holder and headed to the front of my Ski Vee 500 sport.
 
Ernest was at the wheel and followed my instructions heading after my Marlin.
It did not jump again untill later as I will explain.
 
After 2 hours and 40 minutes we were on top of the marlin and could see it 15 meters under "Tsutsuma"
I got Ernest to put us at a 45 angle infront of it and hit my 2 speed power gear on my VSX and started bringing it up.
 
Matheus was filming all the time from the back of the boat.
Now remember this is the first time Matheus goes to sea -
and have no experiance fishing at all.
 
The water viz was stunning and I saw at this stage that my marlin was comming up and would jump vertical just 2 meter next to me.
I shouted at Matheus to keep filming because it will jump very close and he must get it
on film.
It did come out of the water and all can be seen on video.
Matheus you can clearly hear on audio screaming with shock at the size of the marlin and that it was so close.
He then in a panic says clearly " HEY DUDES - I AM VERY VERY SCARED NOW - IT IS GOING TO KILL US!!"
 
My goodnes I nearly fell of the boat laughing so much.
Right after this STUNNING fimed jump so close - it grey hounded straight north again.
We ran it in with Tsutsuma and had it next to the boat to release.
 
After re-capping on all and having a cold drink I got behind the whell to head back.
To my SHOCK I had to zoom out on my HDS5 map because I could not see the positioning arrow.
 
We were at that moment 11 KM from hook up position - can you get that!!
The marlin was +- 150 - 170 kg I thought.
As it would not count in this friendly comp we did not bother much and just enjoyed the fight and
even enjoyed Matheus more with all his "SHITTING HIMSELF" comments.
 
I wish you can all view and enjoy this stunning video but all in all the 3 is nearly a gig huge.
 
We had to run back home because cut off was at 5pm.
 
We in the end took second place with Richard in 1st on "Number 1"
We lost on 1st with just 3 points as Richard weighed 31 kg of bottoms and out SINGLE bottom weighed
at 27.8kg with the Prodical counting as well.
 
I was happy with all - Marlin feight and that we only brought in 1 bottom that nearly won us 1st prize if it was not for my stunning wahoo that cut two thirds by the TAX MAN.
 
Just that add to this here that then just a week after on Sunday 25 July we were out again and
on my Bonnie tricks with the rattle I released and big Sallie and Ernest caught his like a pro
and brought it back as you can se the pix where it is on my bakkie's bonnet.
 
There you go - 3 bill fish in a week.
What will happen this Sunday - 1st August.
Will keep you posted and I hope you all here enjoyed this my 1st attempt at reporting.
 
The money we got at second covered our fuel for this trip and for the one we had last weekend.
All in all great stuff and lots of fun both weekends.
Tight lines to you all this weekend as we will give it our best shot on Sunday 1st Aug.
}<(((*>
Title: Re: Clube Maritimo In House Friendly Comp
Post by: John F on July 30, 2010, 02:22:56 AM
Great report, Tsutsuma and congrats on the 2nd place!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal