ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Fishing Hotspots and locations => Topic started by: nico on June 20, 2011, 11:30:34 AM
-
Tunaman, OMT, myself and our families will be in Santa Maria from the second week of July. Can't wait!
Anyone else planning anything exciting?
-
Of to Vidal on the 14th......
-
Small splash and dash 2 day trip to the Transkei coming up end of July.... :geet
-
Fishpond Kaapsehoop. :-(
-
I will be in Moz helping a few mates set up a whole spread of PB's this year... w;k w;k :happ: :happ:
-
Eish! When your kids are old and you are mostly retired - then everyday is a fishing holiday and you can go where you want to.....so I dont plan, I just go fishing whenever I want and wherever I want.......still planning Patagonia, guatemala, but dont know when
-
guys
going up to st lucia from the 1st july to the 11th july.
rock and surf.
maybe a visit to vidal
lets see what the surf will deliver
ss
-
We are planning on fishing Santa very differently this time. While we usually do the gamefish thing (and I am sure we will do some of it), we are planning on fishing deep, very deep, exploring not our usual marks but maps features.
*Very* excited!
-
Whaaaaat Reefz! Transkei??? Where you fishing?
-
Going deep chasing bills day after tomorrow and bottoms on saturday with my old man!
-
Off to Inhaca for 4 days ( 30June-3July) to target some :gt: with light tackle and then Cape Vidal 5days ( 4-9Aug)
-
Going to Cape Vidal sometime in Aug just the boys, should be fun.
-
if all works out ... Natal South coast , 2 x weekends in July & long weekend in August ... :clwn
-
Hopefully St Lucia long weekend in Aug
-
Off to Inhaca for 4 days ( 30June-3July) to target some :gt: with light tackle and then Cape Vidal 5days ( 4-9Aug)
HI Werries, we will be in the same area three days after you left, please give us an update when you get back?
-
My weekends are full of fishing during July... Im driving my parents down to the :eprov: the second week of July so 1 and a half days saltwater fishing :happ: , then next heading to Dullstroom to target some :trout: then a few days in the transkei... Also might be making one or 2 trips to the Vaal :-) fshg
-
What species does one target off Vidal during the winter if bottom fishing is a no go??
-
Wave Crest, Brazen Head and Cannon Rocks. July is gonna be a bumper month for fishing!
-
What species does one target off Vidal during the winter if bottom fishing is a no go??
Just about anything! Couta, snoek, wahoo, sailies, if the water temp is high enough dollies... and black marlin have been caught year round in Zululand.
-
HI Werries, we will be in the same area three days after you left, please give us an update when you get back?
Will do Nico...(sal solank voerplek maak vir julle :hehe: )
-
Wow I was not aware of this, thanks.
-
Wave Crest, Brazen Head and Cannon Rocks. July is gonna be a bumper month for fishing!
And I will see you at Cannon and Brazen bru :happ: :fshn:
-
Gareth you tak ing the Opus to Brazen :creep: :creep:
-
Work, work, work. Fishing local waters every weekend and maybe a trip to Still Bay. Tight Lines to all the lucky guys that can take a break this time of the year. :envy
-
Gareth you tak ing the Opus to Brazen :creep: :creep:
:hehe: for definite bru and im taking my big grinder I want to see if i can tame a Bronzy with that thing :cg: :cg:
-
Will be fishing local waters in and around Richardsbay in the hols, but what i'm particularly chuffed about is that I'm taking a group of about 17 kids to Maphelane the last weekend of the school hols. :happ: . Hope the fishies play along. Kids are super amped.
-
A short but hardcore trip to the Kei... :shrk: :brnz: here i come boyz.. :craz: :craz: .
-
Mike where you guys fishing in the kei? I am ridiculously jealous
-
Hi Guys
I am going trhough a very tough month..... It is the first month in 9 months that I do not fish a week at sea. But Great stuff, I am fishing July 16-23 at Shelly. Plan is to target Garrick , Yellowfin and if weather permits for jigging AJ'S. See you SouthCoast boytjies soon.
-
Holidays, whats that?
Just been to durbs for a week but weather was bum, so no fishing. No hols planned till dec but hopefully a weekend or 2 to the kei in july and aug.
-
Mike where you guys fishing in the kei? I am ridiculously jealous
Brad I sent you a PM last night already!?
-
Aaaah sorry Tony I have recent topics set as a bookmark on my blackberry so I don't realise I have PMs until I log on off my laptop
-
Hey Big Van I will be in shelly around the same time Ill keep a look out for you and Liberty at the club perhaps we can meet up for a drink or two there
-
Hi Must Byte I will look out for you. We will be fishing from a duckie that week. Is your boat's name Must Byte? See you seen and tight lines
-
No no I am a r&s angler by budget. I generally just pop into the club to see what has been happening. Btw there is actually a boat there called must byt I actually got the idea when I fished off of it a couple years ago. I just added the e to bring in the computer terms
-
We must definately catch some shad and maybe some garrick from the surf. There is a lekker couple of spots to fish from.
Tight Lines
-
only 8 nights left, then some rod bending.......................................
laptop going with ..........., so no reason for not updating.
im hungry for some vars shad.
however the first one goes for livebait.
going to use the 400 4 and 5 and cast some shad, before sliding.
ss
-
:tite ss :envy
-
only 8 nights left, then some rod bending.......................................
laptop going with ..........., so no reason for not updating.
im hungry for some vars shad.
however the first one goes for livebait.
going to use the 400 4 and 5 and cast some shad, before sliding.
ss
Pottie....damn I envy you bru.Every year this time I head down for my annual pilgrimage to my beloved St Lucia.Alas not this year.This year i got strict orders from the department of home affairs to go for the sardine run and before i could say garrick,the booking was made at Caribbean Estate.hopefully and I hope Brad you are right about the run.hopefully i get stuck into some thick sard action.So Pottie,i will be thinking about you whilest i am in Port Edward and about the garrick and shad run there.
anybody else in the Port Edward area please let me know so we can hook up.I will be there from 1 July to 8 July.hoping to get stuck into some :shrk: :brnz: :shd: :blktl: :grk:
-
We will be in Richardsbay from the 5th of next month for a week and a bit to take some charters out fishing, we will be targeting :cout: , :grk: and :yft: . We will also participate in the Meer en see 21 species competition during this time.
-
garrick;
i hope you have a bumper sardine run. it has realy started good, hope it ends with a bang too.
i'll be thinking of you, while i'm up there and you down there.
ss
-
We will be in Richardsbay from the 5th of next month for a week and a bit to take some charters out fishing, we will be targeting :cout: , :grk: and :yft: . We will also participate in the Meer en see 21 species competition during this time.
Hi guys,
I am pleased to report that altough the fishing during the comp was slow, we managed to take the Cuda :wahoo: prize in the Meerensee 21 species comp, on the Saturday we managed to get eight :wahoo: and three :yft: in quite a big sea and on Sunday only one :wahoo: and two :yft: in a flat sea but with just about the whole Richardsbay on the same spot after our previous day`s success.
Cheers
Cheers
-
Well Done Captain !!!!
-
Hi guys,
I am pleased to report that altough the fishing during the comp was slow, we managed to take the Cuda :wahoo: prize in the Meerensee 21 species comp, on the Saturday we managed to get eight :wahoo: and three :yft: in quite a big sea and on Sunday only one :wahoo: and two :yft: in a flat sea but with just about the whole Richardsbay on the same spot after our previous day`s success.
Cheers
Cheers
:cgrts: CM!! Well done!!
-
:cgrts: Captain nogal 1st prize (clap)
-
:tkx: Homie, Reefs & Willie !!!!
-
Captain... howz about a lekka report on another thread with pics and all? :pray:
-
Hi CaptainM
Well done and congratulations!! Jaen bel my asb. ek het jou Nr. verloor toe my selfoon in see geval het Groete daar
-
Well done!! what size couta were you getting and from where?
-
Well done!! what size couta were you getting and from where?
Hi Shags,
The size varied from 12 to 18kgs altough one of 35.5kgs came out earlier during the week on a trap stick while guys were bottom fishing north close to Kastele. I also did a charter on the Monday prior to the comp and we got 9 Cudas, I have included a picture for you. Well well where did we find them??? ok just for your ears :hehe: ..........High Points (but keep it a secret). Anyway Lady Luck also comes around every now and then and believe it or not our 11,6kg Cuda was the biggest one cought during the comp! altough we cought bigger ones on the previous Monday.
Cheers
(Stephan, ek bel jou nou!)
-
Fantastic stuff Captain Morgan, what size Tuna were you getting out there??
One another thing are Wahoo predominately a winter species?
-
Fantastic stuff Captain Morgan, what size Tuna were you getting out there??
One another thing are Wahoo predominately a winter species?
Very small ones, 3.8kg but very scares. Wahoo is a gamefish and therefore it is more summer species.
-
Geluk Juan Makhulu wys weer sy staal!