ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Fishing Hotspots and locations => Topic started by: SAfish on May 30, 2011, 08:07:24 PM

Title: Jongensfontein
Post by: SAfish on May 30, 2011, 08:07:24 PM
Here is a guideline I wrote a couple of years ago for a friend. I am posting this out of goodwill and I plead to all the guys fishing in this area to stick to the regulations and bag limits. The spots I mention were my favourite spots where I fished when I lived in Still Bay for 5 years. I still go there regularly and are looking forward to my next visit so please clean up before you leave.  :tite


You can download the whole document in pdf format below.
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: Kumz on May 31, 2011, 07:01:11 AM
 :shre: .... + cred
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: mikemort on October 07, 2011, 03:44:46 PM
A brilliant guide!


Thanks for the info.
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: PH on October 07, 2011, 03:55:01 PM
Great info. thanks :+ cred:
 
We drove through there last year scouting for kayaking possibilities.
Quaint little town.
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: SAfish on October 07, 2011, 05:36:25 PM
Thanks guys, I lived in Still Bay for 5 years and there are some good fishing spots in the area. Pierre, it will be an easy launch from the harbour area and then you paddle out to Morris Point. I think you will have a lot of fun catching Mussel Cracker and Romans.
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: PH on October 07, 2011, 05:41:09 PM
Pierre, it will be an easy launch from the harbour area and then you paddle out to Morris Point. I think you will have a lot of fun catching Mussel Cracker and Romans.

 :tkx: We will def. remember that. !! But then you come with. :-)
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: SAfish on October 07, 2011, 05:49:59 PM
My parents live in Still Bay and I look for any excuse to go visit them. Just let me know when you are going there again and I will be there in a flash!!  :yipee: Where did you stay the last time you were there?
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: PH on October 07, 2011, 06:13:44 PM
Where did you stay the last time you were there?

It would have been either Lake Pleasant (Groenvlei) or Plett.
Maybe Lake Brenton (Knysna)  :dunno:

We do move around when on holiday :hehe:
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: PH on October 07, 2011, 06:20:32 PM
Another VERY promising launching spot was Fransmanshoek. Small quiet protected beach just below the few houses.
One of the most beautull spots on our coast IMO
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: SAfish on October 07, 2011, 06:34:49 PM
Another VERY promising launching spot was Fransmanshoek. Small quiet protected beach just below the few houses.
One of the most beautull spots on our coast IMO
And one of the best fishing spots around this part of the coast!!
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: PH on October 07, 2011, 06:37:26 PM
I think I must start a "hotspot kayaking and kayak fishing" in the Paddleski section for guys to add to.
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: SAfish on October 07, 2011, 06:40:58 PM
Great idea.  (clap)   :win:
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: Andre Nortje on December 28, 2015, 09:05:02 AM
What agreat post SAfish thanks a million.
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: colin on December 28, 2015, 10:25:43 AM
 :welc: Andre , Yes many posts are the result of years of fishing experience :resp:, I enjoy trying to scratch them out of the records. :toppie: 
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: SAfish on December 28, 2015, 12:14:30 PM
What agreat post SAfish thanks a million.
You're welcome, I hope it will help you to catch some fish.
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: waslap on December 19, 2019, 11:30:49 AM
Does anyone else have problems downloading the PDF?
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: Kes on December 19, 2019, 12:10:35 PM

Does anyone else have problems downloading the PDF?


The PDF has probably been lost with the new forum upgrade. If the author reposts it, then it will be available.
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: SAfish on December 19, 2019, 09:15:24 PM
I'll see if I can find the original pdf but 2011 is a while ago.  w;k
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: SAfish on December 19, 2019, 09:21:54 PM
Ok, I have found the original pdf and will ask Reefz to upload it again.
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: SAfish on December 20, 2019, 04:04:55 PM
Thanks Reefz, I have emailed you the file.  :udman:
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: waslap on December 21, 2019, 08:04:15 AM
Thanks for digging for it 
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: REEFMAN on December 21, 2019, 11:47:01 AM
OK have uploaded the new file in the first post again. It works now.
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: SAfish on December 22, 2019, 06:26:34 AM
 :tkx: I appreciate your help.
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: Solly on April 19, 2021, 11:06:20 PM
 :fshn: Hi SAfish, I'm leaving for Stilbaai at the end of the month. Can you guide me with some nice angling spots, please?
Title: Re: Jongensfontein
Post by: Fransvg on April 06, 2022, 01:50:49 PM
Great info. Thank you.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal