ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
OFFSHORE ANGLING => General Offshore Angling Discussion => Topic started by: miles on May 23, 2011, 11:46:43 PM
-
21 May 2011
Nico came to visit us here in the Cape and the least we could do for him is to put him onto some fish!! :-) :-)
What a way to start the day!! Being greeted by this MAGNIFICENT sunrise a few miles off Cape Point.
(http://oi51.tinypic.com/if3cbl.jpg)
Dawie posing with his biggest fish to date, a 29kg longfin.
(http://oi53.tinypic.com/260qxlk.jpg)
This personal best only lasted for a short while, as this lovely yellowfin decided to jump onto his bait.....
(http://oi53.tinypic.com/20pc13q.jpg)
Not to be outdone, brother Nico replies with this beautiful 55kg Yellowfin!!
(http://oi56.tinypic.com/2zth5px.jpg)
(http://oi55.tinypic.com/2sah5p3.jpg)
Fish of the day was an 86kg YF landed by Ryan, after a memorable battle!! :happ: :happ:
(http://oi54.tinypic.com/2m60gfn.jpg)
The crew posing with the beastie!!
(http://oi54.tinypic.com/orjgcn.jpg)
Final tally was a respectful 5 yellowfin and 10 longfin. Not too shabby for a days fun on the water........ :-) :-)
-
Video clip of all 3 anglers 'VAS' on fish. Video clip was too long to upload onto youtube, so i made it a two part video!
Enjoy!!
Nico Tuna Fishing Part1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAfrW_PGycc#ws)
-
This is a first for me!! Check the second part at 3:23 (time). After Ryan tickled that YF with the gaff, that fish went ballistic and went airborne right next to the boat!! INSANE seeing a 55kg YF clearing the water that close to the boat!!
Nico Tuna Fishing Part2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60FAsAhvSs4#ws)
-
What a great post miles, the guys must have been chuffed at the days fishing, a day to remember - well done!
-
(clap) ..... Superb Catches .... :shre:
-
Hi Miles
Great to hear from you. The guys had dream catches for a days fishing.
Go well and many tight lines
-
Super stuff miles, Thanks for the post and videos. I think you may have one or two stowaways on your next trip!!
-
Great Catches and really nice video footage!!
This is something I have to do, maybe the next time I am in CT!!!
-
Awesome stuff Miles :shre:
-
Great stuff!
:yft: :yft: :yft:
-
Awesome skills in all departments... :resp:
Some great catches!! (clap)
-
Nicely done :cgrts:
-
Miles, Nico and HT, awsome work there. Nico, glad the dry spell ended in the blood as you hoped it would.
HT clearly knows how to work a fish on the BM. Very nice guys and miles, great footage. that jumping YF is awsome.
-
Awesome footage :shre: Miles.
Amazing how the 2 pro's are so calm when all hell breaks loose :resp:
Nico you are one lucky dude to have experienced such a day with two legends.
-
Awesome catches... (clap)
-
Great report, Miles. :shre: That jumping :yft: is amazing!
-
Miles and HT, what a wonderful day with you guys! The bum-harnness fishing thing is something different, but must say after using it once it was a pleasure!
Also, looks like I got the fight time totally wrong, I thought I pulled that fish in under 10 minutes, looks more like 14!
-
Miles and HT, what a wonderful day with you guys! The bum-harnness fishing thing is something different, but must say after using it once it was a pleasure!
Also, looks like I got the fight time totally wrong, I thought I pulled that fish in under 10 minutes, looks more like 14!
Moffie!! :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
-
Nice one - Sorry I missed it!! Next time I won't say no for sure.
-
Moffie!! :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
Ja, forgot to take my handbag - again!
-
One day...
:cgrts:
-
In style for sure. Miles you kept the crew organised and calm at all times. Exceptional day out and congrats to all. I think Dawie will be out there very soon again. Good on you Nico for breaking the drought and now onto higher ground for you in the near future.
After checking the video and your time estimate one feels that i can be wrong on some of my fish as well..... :hehe: :hehe: Nothing like andrenalin to slow the clock down.
-
After checking the video and your time estimate one feels that i can be wrong on some of my fish as well..... :hehe: :hehe: Nothing like andrenalin to slow the clock down.
Ja, it's strange hey? 10 minutes feels like an hour, and an hour feels like 10 minutes!