ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Fishing Hotspots and locations => Topic started by: Ziggy on May 17, 2011, 11:28:14 AM

Title: Info on Kommetjie
Post by: Ziggy on May 17, 2011, 11:28:14 AM
I am going to be in Kommetjie this weekend and wondered if it was worth it taking a rod r wo and some lures with me.

Anybody know something about Kommetjie  - spots, species and lures?

thanks
Title: Re: Info on Kommetjie
Post by: REEFMAN on May 17, 2011, 12:43:30 PM
Was there a few years ago... didn't get to fish, but what I saw should influence your tactics considerably.... Kelp... kelp... and more kelp!! Piles of it on the beaches, rotting and stinking... take nose plugs with you! So all the species associated with Kelp forests would be your target... Galjoen, Stumpnose, maybe a Poenskop too... among others.

Title: Re: Info on Kommetjie
Post by: Ziggy on May 17, 2011, 01:17:13 PM
thanks very much for the kelp (sorry I mean help)!

I imagine camo worm if I am fishing plastics - dont think that spoons would be useful with all that kelp

any ideas on other plastics?


Title: Re: Info on Kommetjie
Post by: REEFMAN on May 17, 2011, 04:31:15 PM
 :lolo:

Gulp Bloodworm is also a winner for Bream species... Bronzies, Stumpies, Blacktail
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal