ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

OFFSHORE ANGLING => Inshore Boating => Topic started by: SAfish on July 07, 2010, 10:49:30 PM

Title: Thank you, Admin
Post by: SAfish on July 07, 2010, 10:49:30 PM
I would like to thank Admin for this new section.  :uarocks
Come on guys lets get this section on the go!
This weekend sees the annual Knysna Oyster festival "skins" angling competition on the lagoon. I am going camping in Addo and will miss this event but I will try and combine a report next week. Are there any members taking part in the comp?
I hope you guys get a lot of these....
 
Title: Re: Thank you, Admin
Post by: SAfish on July 13, 2010, 05:59:27 PM
Come on, where are all the inshore guys?? Share some info or photos of your favourite fishing lagoon, river etc.
The reports I got from the past weekends fishing comp. was not good. Only a couple of good sized fish came out and the weather didn't play along. I'll try and post a more comprehensive report a bit later.
Tight lines!
Title: Re: Thank you, Admin
Post by: woerman on July 14, 2010, 08:59:12 AM
Hi Hermann

I think this can be a really good sub-forum.  I will be down in Knysna end of November so hopefully we can post a nice report of some Leervis on live bait.

Cheers
Title: Re: Thank you, Admin
Post by: SAfish on July 14, 2010, 06:33:35 PM
Woerman, I also think this will become a popular section as soon as the guys come out of hybernation.  :hehe:
It is high time that we get together for some serious fishing and a couple of  :beer: 's!!
 
I can't wait for the new season to start. Up to know the fishing has been poor but at least the summer is only a couple of months away. :pray:  At least the cold weather gives me a chance to get the boat in ship shape or consume OBS as if it is water to help keep the body warm and to make the long nights shorter.  :hyst: :hyst:
The weekends fishing comp did not produce as the previous years and only 12 fish were weighed in of which first place was a Steenbras of 6-7kg and the one that came second was only 3.5-4kg. Sorry, I don't have exact weights. 
Title: Re: Thank you, Admin
Post by: Nightfox on July 29, 2010, 10:55:07 PM
Very glad about this sub-forum, thanks!! I suppose it's that time of year when there's not a lot going on, but almost august, wich equels BIG COB!! Must get one this year!!
Title: Re: Thank you, Admin
Post by: SAfish on July 30, 2010, 08:40:38 PM
I agree Nightfox, things are slow at the moment but .......
Can you feel it? ..... It's almost here!  :rck" :rck" :rck" :rck" :rck" :rck" :hehe:
Title: Re: Thank you, Admin
Post by: tyrrell on August 04, 2010, 01:37:12 PM
Agreed, Summer can't come soon enough!
 
SAfish, do you reckon the fishing in the lagoon will heat up a bit in the beginning of Sept? I'll be in Knysna for a week, so planning to wet a line or 5 from my boat when time (and the girlfriend!) will allow.
 
Anyone heard of anything coming out Sundays River lately? Thinking about hitting it this weekend...
Title: Re: Thank you, Admin
Post by: WalkersKiller on August 04, 2010, 01:39:49 PM
This is an awesome section! Nice fish SAFish!
Title: Re: Thank you, Admin
Post by: SAfish on August 04, 2010, 06:18:24 PM
@ Tyrrell - at the moment the lagoon is still in hybernation and the water is cold. September is the beginning of the "change over" months and anything goes. The one day you would catch some nice fish and the next blank completely. The Steenbras in my first post was caught in August. I would definately give it a go as there are some good sized Steenbras and Mussel Cracker around. Have a look at the map of the lagoon I posted in the fishing locations section.
 
@ WalkersKiller - thanks buddy, I thought that there would be enough inshore guys to warrant a request to admin. The Steenbras was caught on blood worm and measured 59cm. It went straight back after the photo was taken. 
Title: Re: Thank you, Admin
Post by: WalkersKiller on August 05, 2010, 01:09:04 PM
Awesome! Yeah I think its a great section that will generate a lot of interest!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal