ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

News and Announcements => Tips on how to use the forum => Topic started by: SUPER ADMIN on July 07, 2010, 03:01:15 PM

Title: CRED RATING
Post by: SUPER ADMIN on July 07, 2010, 03:01:15 PM
CREDIBILITY

How credible are you in helping others on the forum?

Every member has a CRED Rating in their visible profile. Members can give a person Cred by clicking on the Thumbsup sign or remove cred by clicking on the thumbs down sign.

A useful post deserves CRED - a nuisance post deserves a thumbs down. Members therefore build up CREDIBILITY in their standing on the Forum.

You may not rate the same person twice on the same day.

When changing someone's CRED, you will be required to provide an explanation why, which that person can see.


We urge members not to abuse this facility!!

It is primarily designed to encourage better participation of the members ie: giving credit where it's due.

Not liking someone is not a good enough reason to take cred away!!
"Because I can" is also not a good enough reason!

Those who continually do this will have their Cred system automatically disabled by the system.
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: ST(d) on February 04, 2013, 03:27:16 PM
I have some mates that is not sure how this facility work, so I am posting an example pics to show where the thumbs up and down are located.
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: WalkersKiller on February 04, 2013, 03:34:20 PM
CLS, maybe the guys will test it out on you then, get ready for some major cred  :hehe:
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: ST(d) on February 04, 2013, 03:37:01 PM
CLS, maybe the guys will test it out on you then, get ready for some major cred
:hehe: :hyst: :hehe:
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: SUPER ADMIN on September 13, 2013, 07:31:07 AM
In order to discourage abuse of the Cred system, within the next few days, any Cred +/- from now on will be made known to the User. If you take or Add Cred from someone, you will need to provide an explanation to that person, who will be notified of the change.

Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: Debbie on September 13, 2013, 07:37:38 AM
In order to discourage abuse of the Cred system, within the next few days, any Cred +/- from now on will be made known to the User. If you take or Add Cred from someone, you will need to provide an explanation to that person, who will be notified of the change.

 (clap)

I also have a better understanding of the Cred system, thanks  :tkx:
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: Rory mundy on September 13, 2013, 08:55:49 AM
is it ok to - cred to people who are all ways posting negative stuff or that are allways moaning about everything?
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: Kumz on September 13, 2013, 09:05:28 AM
Yes ...  You can Rory ... I wud do the same ...
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: SUPER ADMIN on September 13, 2013, 10:01:15 AM
is it ok to - cred to people who are all ways posting negative stuff or that are allways moaning about everything?

The whole point of the system is to encourage better quality information - to give Credit where it's due.

However,
If you feel there is enough reason to smite someone for a negative post - perfectly acceptable.
To smite the same person every day - unacceptable.
To smite someone because you dislike them - unacceptable.

Every Cred decision from now on will require an explanation and the member involved will be able to see who did what in their profiles.
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: Ziggy on September 13, 2013, 10:38:21 AM
is it ok to - cred to people who are all ways posting negative stuff or that are allways moaning about everything?

The whole point of the system is to encourage better quality information - to give Credit where it's due.

However,
If you feel there is enough reason to smite someone for a negative post - perfectly acceptable.
To smite the same person every day - unacceptable.
To smite someone because you dislike them - unacceptable.

Every Cred decision from now on will require an explanation and the member involved will be able to see who did what in their profiles.


Now this makes absolute sense - I have always wondered what posts I made lose/get cred - not because I want to build cred - but only because I would like to know what posting it was that someone did not like/like and why.


There was a time when one cred a day was being taken away (it looked pretty consistent to me) - obviously someone was peeved with me and I could not see why...and it bothered me that someone was unhappy with me....and I could not see why


I think that for the sake of absolute transparency and good comradeship, this decision to notify the member involved is an excellent idea, and should be maintained forever - not only for a few days.


This will promote the quality and content of postings significantly - and stop the bickering that is creeping into our forums
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: Lenny on September 23, 2013, 08:18:32 PM
So I have been giving a bit more cred since I saw this post .


I got asked why do I want to give cred . All of the cred I gave was for what I seem very very nice info , do the person who recieves the Cred get a Notification ?Or is it only when you BOO /thumbsdown a member ?


I did see a couple of really nice posts , and did give alot cred .
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: Homie on September 23, 2013, 08:33:36 PM
The explanation you supply is visible to the person whether its a thumbs up or down
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: Charles on September 23, 2013, 08:34:43 PM
Lenny you will notice next to the "Cred total" is a blue coloured link which will take you to a page showing who gave or took credits.
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: Lenny on September 23, 2013, 08:39:27 PM
Thats not  problem , but the last couple of Creds I gave I just did .... . it was to applaude them not to vote them down ...
Should one look at the crad I gave , its pretty awesome posts ...



Pretty cool Idea to keep bad vibes and CREDibility off and on the forum .
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: jrahme on March 01, 2016, 09:48:09 PM
i cant see any blue link next to my credit total?
i got 1 credit and i don't know what its for?
please help :tkx:
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: Lofty on March 01, 2016, 09:56:58 PM
don't know why you can't see the blue credit link,but don't worry about it too much,just keep contributing when you can and you'll receive a lot more creds... :hehe: w;k :welc: :uarocks


p.s: ask lots of q's...many helpfull guys here... :rck"
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: jrahme on March 01, 2016, 10:02:38 PM
thanks LOFTY
i cant believe how friendly and helpful everyone is. :happ:  this forum is great. feels like everyone is ur best friend. :bow:
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: SUPER ADMIN on March 02, 2016, 07:29:51 AM
I fixed your Cred link Joe.
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: jrahme on March 02, 2016, 08:14:14 AM
thanks Champ xx :tkx: :tkx:
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: Alf03 on March 17, 2016, 04:09:59 PM
I am viewing from my phone and can't seem to give any cred.
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: REEFMAN on March 17, 2016, 04:20:19 PM
 :dunno: I just gave you a Cred from my phone, so it's working.  :rotfl You need to click the thumbs up sign?
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: jrahme on March 17, 2016, 04:33:22 PM
welcome Alpha :welc: :welc: :uarocks :uarocks :bow:
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: Alf03 on March 17, 2016, 06:11:19 PM
I can't seem to find the thumbs up sign. Please see attached pic. Thanks for the cred. I am really glad I found this site much better than sealine!
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: REEFMAN on March 17, 2016, 06:21:08 PM
Hmmm that's weird. Can you check on a PC sometime if the problem is there as well.
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: Alf03 on March 17, 2016, 06:52:37 PM
I am on the pc now and same problem. I dont mind to much but be nice to give the helpful replies some credit.
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: Alf03 on March 17, 2016, 07:04:16 PM
It has magically appeared!!! Time to go dish out some cred! thanks for the help guys!
Title: Re: CRED RATING
Post by: SUPER ADMIN on July 08, 2016, 12:18:39 PM
Bump. For those new members....
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal