ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => DIY Forum => Topic started by: hrogers on February 26, 2025, 08:50:28 PM
-
Dear UA.
Such a long time since I post anything on this Forum.
Our latest fishing trip to Port St Johns ( Transkei) from 3 february till 10 February.
I had a nice pickup and was fighting the fish when the multiplier reel handle knob broken.
It was a struggle to reel the fish in. The fish swim to the rocks and my line was cut off
We did a late night fishing from 23h00 till 04h15. We landed 3 nice Kob's
Photo of the Kob's
The Broken handle knob.
I manage to fix the reel handle knob. I removed the pin from the handle
Drilled the hole a bit bigger for a bolt to fit to the modification.
I used a Gate roller as a new knob. For the centre part (shaft) of the new knob I used a computer stand rail.
Handle completed on the multiplier reel
-
Multiplier reel is unknown.
Side of the roller modification
Is there anybody who please can identify this multiplier reel
Thanks
Henry
-
Nice to see you back online. Glad you had a great trip
-
Old Daiwa 50h. Circa 1980's
-
May be a larger version 350 h , the 2 fittings on the top have been removed. Usually to fasten reel to seat with other hardware
-
Thanks for the feedback
-
Phone Tackle Centre in Durbs, I'm pretty sure they'll have one in their box of tricks somewhere
-
Thanks Grumpy. my brother in law also got a spare handle for me.
Will collect it when i go to Winkelspruit again