ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

OFFSHORE ANGLING => Skipper's talk => Topic started by: Marnus87 on October 21, 2022, 12:29:56 PM

Title: St Lucia launch
Post by: Marnus87 on October 21, 2022, 12:29:56 PM
Good day, I'm heading to St Lucia over December and will be taking my boat with me. I've never launched from St Lucia can any one give some advice where the best launch site is between St Lucia and Cape Vidal?
Title: Re: St Lucia launch
Post by: cjcooper on October 26, 2022, 08:22:42 AM
Sorry I haven't launched in that area, I know Vidal can be very tricky with the lineup and tides, no clue on st lucia, hope someone can shed some light here.
Title: Re: St Lucia launch
Post by: ianf on October 27, 2022, 06:25:41 AM
Have a look at the youtube channel called "the St Lucia experience". They watch a lot of the boat launches at St Lucia. There is also a ski boat club in St Lucia, where you can no doubt get the required info (they also serve great pub lunches). To the best of my knowledge, you can either launch at St Lucia or Cape Vidal, but nowhere in between. 
Title: Re: St Lucia launch
Post by: Nooduck on October 31, 2022, 08:42:55 AM
Morning.

Won’t be able to give updated information, last launched at St Lucia 22 years ago.
I would suggest you contact the ski boat club because they will be able to supply you with 1st hand info.


IanF- also had many memorable pub lunches at the club! :frid
Title: Re: St Lucia launch
Post by: hrogers on November 08, 2022, 05:22:00 AM
The launching area is about 500m away from Ingwe beach towards Mapelane or river mouth.
Ingwe beach is the last beach you find, can not go further that this beach.
Hope this will help
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal