ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Dropshot fishing => Topic started by: Cracker Jack on April 04, 2019, 06:22:13 AM

Title: Umgazana Estuary
Post by: Cracker Jack on April 04, 2019, 06:22:13 AM
Good morning everyone,

I am new to the forum, but have read many interesting and helpful threads in the past!
I'm hoping to gather some much needed info on the Mgazana estuary.

I'll be heading down in three weeks time and extremely excited for the fishing!  :happ: I'm hoping someone could share some info on the recent conditions of the estuary, how the fishing has been, any tips etc?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :tkx:
Title: Re: Umgazana Estuary
Post by: Rory mundy on April 04, 2019, 07:35:01 AM
you taking a boat ?
Title: Re: Umgazana Estuary
Post by: dugong on April 04, 2019, 08:15:06 AM
I have only ever fished at the walls upstream from the bridge on my boat - using very small dropshot and spoons we caught a few juvenile kingies that's about it.
You also get rock salmon on small live bait or poppers on the south bank but conditions need to be right, I never had a pull throwing a skitter for an hour one evening but they are there!!
Title: Re: Umgazana Estuary
Post by: Cracker Jack on April 04, 2019, 06:57:34 PM
Thanks for the quick responses guys!
Yes, we will have a boat available.

Any others that have been there recently?

Any specific tackle I should be taking along?

Many thanks!
Title: Re: Umgazana Estuary
Post by: REEFMAN on April 05, 2019, 10:41:45 AM
If you search for UMNGAZI there are quite a few threads that might help. They're old though, nothing recent.
https://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=19731.msg337594#msg337594 (https://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=19731.msg337594#msg337594)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal