ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Hook, line and sinker - Tackle talk => Topic started by: SurfnTurf on December 12, 2018, 07:28:42 AM

Title: Fresh water lures, spinners and spoons... Suggestions please
Post by: SurfnTurf on December 12, 2018, 07:28:42 AM
Hey guys and girls,


Been missing you guys! I'm currently running around in Canada on a well-earned holiday, so I've been pretty absent. Went down to Pro Bass today to see what hunting stuff is available (imagine a child in a toy store full of things he's always wanted) and I see that lure prices are substantially lower and I'm looking to take advantage of it.


Essentially what I'm looking for is a "top 10" list from whoever feels like commenting: jigs, spoons, spinners, cranks... All of it. I'm looking at both fresh (usually quite murky) and salt water(shelly beach mainly), shore/bank fishing for what one would consider to be the most "common" species.


I know this a serious "newbie" request, but I need a starting point and I feel this will allow me to learn best...


TIA! Hope everyone is having a good festive season.
Title: Re: Fresh water lures, spinners and spoons... Suggestions please
Post by: Visenvryheid on December 12, 2018, 10:28:54 AM
Saffa's make the best spoons for the salt in the world :)

But hey pretty painted lead spoons catch fishermen and cast to the horizon..;) But there are better fish catching spoons about. Get freshwater lures that are much cheaper than here and get ones that you cannot get here like nice jigheads or spinnerbaits. Wait for the bass pros to chime in..I get most of my bass on plastics. I have one cheapie sensation crank that I caught my biggest bass on but that was a cheat, my mate said, "put that crank on and cast over there, there is a lunker that lives there", and there was! Otherwise I just use flukes and creature baits and lizards and worms and the bass chow them, but you can pick them up anywhere.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal